CHAPTER 15

"I'm going to keep reminding you Ethan, you so owe me." I said to Ethan as we were dancing.
"I don't know how he even found out." Ethan reprimanded.
"Probably because you guys were speaking about it so loudly?" A voice cut in and we turned to see Matthias.
"We weren't that loud." Defended Ethan.
"Yeah, because me and Grayson really didn't hear you both talking about losing the ring and how much of an idiot you are." Shot back Matthias.

"Hold on, so how come you questioned me rather abrasively then?" I asked him, huffing slightly. He rose an eyebrow at me.
"Abrasively?" He asked as if what I had said was unbelievable.
"Yep." I said, standing my ground.
"I think I questioned you in other, more calmer ways." He smirked suggestively. I snuck a glance at Ethan, who looked momentarily distracted by Zara, and I glared at Matthias.

"I'm going to go dance with Zara." Announced Ethan as he stared at her from afar.
"I'll go get her for you and look after Angelo." I told him.

I walked over to Zara who was currently speaking to Valentina, while holding Angelo in her arms.
"Here, I'll look after Angelo. Ethan wants to dance with you. Go and have some fun." I said to Zara who looked surprised at my sudden arrival. She shot me a grateful smile and passed Angelo over to me, before making her way over to Ethan.

"You know, I give you a ten for effort." Valentina suddenly said and I frowned at her in confusion.
"What do you mean?" I asked and she snickered quietly and turned to me.
"Those hickeys on your neck sweetie." She said sarcastically.

My cheeks burnt in embarrassment immediately.
"What?! Can you see them?!" I suddenly shouted, very loudly. A few people glanced over at me, but I ignored them, making sure to hide my neck in the process.

"Earlier I couldn't. The makeup is starting to wear off I think." She said as she stared and I bit my lip nervously.
"Don't fret Caterina, it's very subtle, I just noticed because I'm practically a pro at this now." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"This would be the part where I would ask who the secret guy is, but I have a feeling I already know that is." She added in and I snapped my neck to look at her instantly.

"Don't act so surprised Caterina. You guys weren't that subtle at the table. You and Matthias. Sure, it just looked like you two were just talking and comforting each other, but one, Matthias was very touchy with you and two, he couldn't keep his eyes off of you." Valentina explained and my heart soared.

"Do you think anyone else saw?" I questioned worriedly as I bounced Angelo on my hip slightly.
"Probably not. I only noticed because I was sitting directly facing you both. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone did get suspicious about you two."

I sighed, slightly in worry and in relief.
"Please don't tell anyone, I think it's best if me and Matthias kept whatever we're doing to ourselves." I begged and she nodded, reassuring me.

"So you don't even know what's going on between you both?" She questioned.
"It's a long story I suppose."
"Well speaking of the devil, he seems to be looking your way. I don't know about you, but I think he needs a dance with you." She said and sure enough, Matthias was looking at me.

"Although I would love to, I need to go check up on these hickeys and cover them again." I said and she rolled her eyes, taking Angelo out of my arms.

I was making my way to the toilets when I felt Matthias' arm slip around my waist and pull me into him in.
"Care to dance with me?" He asked.
I couldn't resist getting out of his hold again, so I nodded.
A slow song started to come on and suddenly everyone seemed to pair up on the dance floor.

Matthias rose an eyebrow at the irony of it and I giggled quietly.
"You sure you didn't plan this? Just when you ask me to dance, a couples song comes on." I said looking up at his handsome face which glowed from the lights shining down. The room got darker, and I could make out his prominent features.

"Don't get so cocky Miss, it just happened to be a coincidence. It's not because of you." He teased.
"Yeah? Well your actions have proved different from the way you've been staring at me all day today." The words slipped out and I paused, looking at the floor. I cleared my throat awkwardly.
"Um I-"
"No you're right, I have been staring at you all day today, you look so beautiful." He added and I looked up at him, to see him smiling down at me in a way which just made me want to kiss him all day long.

"So, how did you do know? Was I that obvious?" He asked and I let out a small laugh as I wrapped my arms around his neck and we swayed to the music, both of us in sync.

"I actually didn't even notice. It was Valentina, she told me." I admitted and he nodded his head.
"So I see that we weren't that discreet?" He said amusedly.
"I guess so, but Valentina is quite observant I suppose. She can see my hickeys and saw how close we were at the table." I said and his eyes flitted down to my neck.
"Nice try covering them up." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.
"I was going to touch up on them but you whisked me away to dance with you."

"Mhm." He murmured slightly. Before I knew it, he licked his thumb and rubbed on the skin on my neck.
"Matthias!" I snapped, slapping away his hand, but it was too late as I saw his arrogant smirk appear as he stared at my neck.
"They look good Caterina, I think you should keep them." He suggested, winking and I rolled my eyes.

"It would be nice to see them all as well." He said and moved to rub his thumb on my neck but I sent him a warning glare and he backed off.

We swayed to the music together in silence for a few minutes, both of us just enjoying being in each other's arms. I felt Matthias' head go down towards my neck and I let out a breathy exhale.
"M-Matthias. People will stare." I said as I felt his tongue on my skin.
"The lights are going down, no one will see us Caterina." He murmured, and sure enough he was right, the room had gotten even darker and everyone seemed more engrossed in their significant other.

I bit my lip to stop the moan from coming through. Matthias lifted his head back up to stare at me, but before I could blink, he crashed his lips down on me.

 Matthias lifted his head back up to stare at me, but before I could blink, he crashed his lips down on me

A/N:
Awww that's so cute. Time to shake some things up I suppose 😏. All I've got to say is, be prepared.
Hope you guys enjoyed and stay safe!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then