chapter 2//meeting nessa

december 13, 2020

brynn's pov:
"nessa!" mads and nessa give each other a big hug.

"hi brynn nice to finally meet you, i've heard so much about you!" nessa smiles and hugs me as well.

"yes me too!" i say and we sit down at our table. fun fact, nessa hated me at first when her and josh first start talking because i was the 'girl best friend' and of course the girlfriends hate the girl best friend. but then when josh realized that i was a huge red flag for nessa, he immediately told her that i was gay and then she stopped hating me.

"so how was the move from canada?" nessa asks, taking a sip of water.

"oh it wasn't too bad, i literally just put everything in my one suitcase because josh had bought the bed and dresser and everything so i didn't have to bring anything big," i explain.

"ohh okay good good," she says.

"paparazzi to your left," mads tells us. we turn and see kevin wong (who jaden was complaining about just this morning) recording us from a bush.

"damn. is this what i have to get used to here? no privacy?" i sigh.

"yup, it sucks but nothing we can do," mads shrugs.

joshs pov:
while the girls are at lunch, i'm live in my room. "is your friend single?" i read the chat. "i have a lot of friends so i don't know who you're talking about. but if you mean brynn, yeah she's single. guys stop asking if we're dating oh my god," i laugh. "if only you guys knew," i say, then quickly realize that they would assume from that that i'm back with ness. "we can't date," i clear up. damn, i'm really not helping my case here. "there's no tea," i say. "no tea going on, just brynn and i are just friends and will always just be friends for a very good reason that i cannot disclose yet." boom. hopefully that helped.

brynn's pov:
"look who's on tiktokroom," mads looks up from her phone and shows us this:

100, 420 likestiktokroom: #joshrichards says that him and new sway girl #brynn are not anything more than friends and hints that he might be in a relationship again 👀

100, 420 likes
tiktokroom: #joshrichards says that him and new sway girl #brynn are not anything more than friends and hints that he might be in a relationship again 👀

"oh my gosh," nessa and i say at the same time.

"this is my fault. i'm sorry, i just told josh not to tell the internet that i'm gay yet because i'm not ready, and now it's starting rumors," i put my head in my hands.

"hey hey, don't worry, i didn't tell the internet i was bi until nearly a year after i came out to my friends. its okay, take your time, the internet is a harsh place," nessa says. she puts her hand on my thigh and rubs it lightly. i'm pretty sure she's just trying to comfort me, but its giving me a few butterflies.

"yeah, just do whatever you're comfortable with brynn. i promise the drama will be fixed, and if not everyone's gonna forget about it soon enough," mads says and nessa nods.

"thanks, i'll talk to josh when i get back," i smile.

"give me one second, i need to use the restroom," mads gets up from the table, leaving me and nessa alone at the table.

"so can i ask you something?" nessa asks as soon as mads is out of sight.

"yeah, shoot," i say nervously.

"can i have your snapchat?" she asks and then looks away.

"of course, it's brynn2002. why?" i ask and then immediately feel dumb for asking.

"just so we can...talk a little more," she says softly.

"as friends though, right?" i make sure. usually snap means talking and i wouldn't do that to josh. he has told me, and even told the whole internet that he's still in love with her.

her face drops a little but says, "oh yeah of course."

"so what are your plans for this week," i try to change the topic.

"nothing much, just gonna be at the studio," she says. "how about you? josh said that you modeled for hollister."

i smile at that. i love my job. "yessir, i barely got any modeling done in canada which is why i came here in the first place. and yeah, i actually have shoots for hollister tomorrow and the day after."

"wow that's fun, i do modeling sometimes but not as a full career like you. i'm mostly into singing," she explains. "do you like billie eilish? i don't know why, but i just get that vibe from you."

"are you crazy? i love billie so much! do you?" i ask hopefully. nobody i know loves billie the way i do.

"me too! what's your favorite song by her?" she asks, looking excited as well.

" 'wish you were gay' because i relate so hard to it with almost all of my past crushes," i say, a little embarrassed but its the truth and i don't like to lie.

"ahh i see. i like 'i love you' and 'copycat', not really for a particular reason i just think that they're fucking dope," ness says.

"lets be honest, all of billie's songs are fucking dope," i nod.

"hell yeah dude, have you heard finneas's music though?"

"oh my god yes. talent really runs in the o'connell family, it's crazy," nessa and i bond over billie for so long we didn't even realize mads had come back from the bathroom.

"we ready for the check?" mads asks.

nessa and i jump up in surprise. "shit you scared me mads," i say and we all laugh.

"you guys were having a good billie conversation i didn't want to interrupt," she laughs.

"just fangirling over her of course," nessa smiles.

"she's fucking hot bro," i say.

"she so is," ness agrees.

-----------

"GUESS WHOS BACK BITCHES!" i yell as the three of us walk into sway.

"aw man," josh looks up from the couch and acts sad that we're back.

"shut up you love us," i give him a quick hug.

"i guess," he jokes. "but i do need you brynn for a youtube video with all of the other sway members."

"so is this your way of telling mads and i to fuck off?" ness jokingly asks josh.

"yup, caught me," he shrugs. "you guys can stay it's chill, bryce and i just agreed that we would make a video on the sway channel so it could be like a get to know brynn typa thing."

"i'm down," i agree.

"bet, let's do it then. but tomorrow morning, because griffins being a simp over at the damelios house tonight," josh rolls his eyes.

"you're a simp too so don't be talking," i tease him, walking back up to my room to relax.