chapter 6//covid update and call w ness

december 22, 2020

brynns pov
it's been a week since i got covid. i never thought anything like this would ever happen, but here we are.

the boys have put up lots of blankets and towels over the outside of my door so it's less risky for them to catch anything. after i tested positive, everyone who had been around me (my parents, sway boys, nessa and mads, my agent, photographer, and stylists) had all had to get tested AGAIN, all coming back negative, which is weird but i'm so glad. the last thing i would want would be to give it to someone i love.

thankfully, i only have gotten one symptom: loss of taste and smell. because of that, the boys had been putting random shit under my door, for example, onions which i normally hate, and telling me to try it for vlog bits which i record on my phone and send to them. i don't know how it's entertaining to watch me chug shit like hot sauce but i guess it is.

my only way to communicate with people is through facetime. i probably facetime each one of the boys at least once a day because i need entertainment and also they provide me with food and water. my parents have called me every night to check in.

that brings us to nessa. nessa is the person who i facetime the most. she has been such an amazing person to be able to contact during this time. she always entertains me when i'm bored and can bring me up from my shitty moods. i don't know how she does that, but she does and it's amazing. of course josh can as well, but he's just so busy with social media and meetings and all so he can't be on call for too long.

"ahhh they hate me right now," nessa laughs trying to get baby and blaze in the bath.

"nooo they don't, nobody could ever hate you," i say to her, laughing at the dogs who kept trying to escape.

"ma'am, have you seen my dms?" nessa looks at the camera laughing.

"oh fuck them, they can stay hating when you're more successful than they'll ever be," i say.

she looks at me and smiles. "you're amazing."

"no you," i say back.

she blushes and continues trying to keep the dogs in the bath. "i miss you, i really wish you could come over or come with me to the studio sometime."

"i miss you too, i'm just really hoping that this goes away soon. i'm getting tested again in two days to see if i still have it," i say.

"well fingers crossed you're negative," she says.

"yes, but even so i still miss my taste and smell. when i get it back, i want to get those cookie thingies from bj's that griff told me about," i say.

it's this and they're amazing btw:

"oh my god those are so fucking good, once you get your senses back let's have some together," nessa says

"YES! even though restaurants are closed here, we can still get them on postmates," i say.

"for sure. AW BRYNN LOOK!" she points to baby, who she gave a mohawk with soap.

"OH MY GOSH THATS SO CUTE!" i take a screenshot of the dog.

"i knowwww you should get a dog for LA," nessa suggests. "then it can be friends with baby and blaze."

"wait thats a good idea! i would have blue in canada and then another for here," i think about it for a second. "actually maybe not. i feel like i would be betraying blue."

she laughs. "well maybe not a dog, maybe you could get another pet. what's an animal that you like?"

"other than dogs, i honestly don't like domesticated animals like hamsters, fish and birds. i like animals like pigs, goats, sheep, and i know the boys would not let me have those in the sway house."

"technically, the sway house is your house too. you can have whatever you want there," she reminds me.

"shit, you're right huh?" i smile at that. i can make the boys live with whatever animal i want. "are pigs legal pets?"

"i would look it up for you but you know," she puts her hands in front of the camera, showing that she's drying her dogs.

"you do that, let me check," i go to google and see that they actually are legal. "NESSA, IM GETTING A PIG!"

"no way," she says excitedly.

"yes way. they're legal, so after i recover, let's go find somewhere that i can get a pig!" i squeal of excitement. i've wanted to get another pet for so long but my parents said that blue had been plenty to handle. now, i don't need their rules anymore.

"oh my gosh yay! we have so many plans for when you recover, i'm gonna make a list," she laughs, finishing drying the dogs and getting a paper.

"well we have spa night, then we have cookie baking contest with bryce and josh, then we have going to melrose, and now we have getting the cookie from bj's and getting a pig," i say. "wow, we have a lot."

she writes them as quick as i say them. "damn, i'm so excited. we have five things planned, and then there's probably gonna be more that comes along the way. what i'm saying is, after you get over covid we're gonna have lots of fun," she smiles.

"fuck yeah!" i agree. "let's hope my next test comes back negative."

"let's hope," she repeats and puts the paper on her dresser.

"after i recover i wanna dye the two front strands of my hair blue," i say randomly.

"i'll add that to the list," nessa laughs and gets the pen.

"yess, you can do the purple you said you wanted and i can do the blue!" i decide.

"dude we got a whole week planned here, and all can happen social distanced," nessa says excitedly.

"yes, i'm just so happy that i didn't pass it to any of you guys," i say.

"and i'm glad that your symptoms aren't bad at all. i mean, imagine if you were on a respirator right now," she shook her head at the thought.

"oh gosh, yeah i definitely didn't get it as bad a lot of people," i say.

"thankfully. wait can i call you back in a sec i'm getting a call from my mom," she asks.

"yeah of course, bye!" i wave to the camera and she smiles and hangs up.

i'm catching feelings for this girl.