chapter 1//moving in

december 12, 2020

brynn's pov:
damn, why is this airport so crowded? why are so many people traveling when we in a whole pandemic? i mean, it's december, i get we're in holiday season, but this is crazy. or maybe it's just LA.

i look up and see my best friend running towards me with a huge smile on his face

i look up and see my best friend running towards me with a huge smile on his face. i drop my phone and jump into his arms.

"oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh," he says into my shoulder. we pull apart and smile at each other. "i missed you so much brynnie."

"i missed you more joshy," i smile, so happy to finally have him back. he puts me down and we grab my stuff from the floor. i see that my phone is cracked from dropping it. "fuck."

"hey, don't worry, we'll get a new one," he assures me.

"a whole new phone? because of a few cracks?" i ask, in shock. he nods, looking surprised why i was even asking. "well damn, i could get used to this rich people lifestyle eh?" i laugh.

"i wouldn't say rich-"

"oh shut your modest ass up," i slap him gently in the back of his head as we load the car.

"hey i'll take modest," he shrugs and smiles. "goddamn do you have fucking bricks in your suitcase? why is this so heavy?"

"baby boy, i put every single thing in that one suitcase. my whole life is in there," i say.

"why didn't you just bring two suitcases?" he asks.

"wow! thanks josh! i didn't think of that!" i say sarcastically. "no it's because i didn't want the trouble of two."

"because two is definitely SO many huh?" he asks, returning my sarcasm as we drive off.

"oh my god, so so many," i sigh. "can we get dinner? the airplane food was shit. can we get paninis at time hortons?"

josh laughs. "i haven't seen a tim hortons since i moved here."

i shoot up. "WHAT? LA doesn't have tim hortons?"

"not that i've seen, messed up eh?" he shrugs.

"thats messed up but i'm too tired to protest. can we get mcdonald's? or is there nO mCdOnAlDs either?" i say, half joking.

"nope, LA doesn't have mcdonald's either," he tells me.

"you're kidding right? joshua you're kidding right?" i turn to him.

"yes i'm kidding, of course we have mcdonald's. let's get mcdonald's kid."

joshs pov:
of course this girl falls asleep in the middle of the mcdonald's drive through. of course. i mean, she did just get off of a flight and it's pretty late so i see why, but still, i wanted to talk to her more. oh well, tomorrow morning i guess. well, i guess i gotta eat her big mac now. can't let it go to waste.

i wake up at 1am to knocking on the door to jaden and i's room.

"huh?" i look over and brynn is standing there.

"thanks for bringing me to my room earlier, but can i sleep in here with you?" she asks.

"of course, how come?" i ask, patting next to me in my bed.

"i'm not used to my own room yet and i miss our sleepovers," she makes herself comfortable lying on my chest.

"aww, yeah it'll definitely take a while to get used to not sharing a room with your parents, but you can always come in here," i whisper.

"thanks josh. goodnight, i love you," she says with her eyes closed.

"i love you more brynn," i say, and we fall asleep.

----------

"damn you're up early," when i woke up and realized that brynn wasn't in my room anymore, i found her in her room with mads unpacking her things.

"yup, i just want to unpack everything today. also mads invited me to lunch with her and nessa tomorrow, is that okay?" she asks me.

"why are you asking me for permission? you can do whatever you want," i laugh.

"yeah i just didn't know if it was weird that your best friend would hang out with your ex," she says.

"no no, it's totally fine you can hang out with whoever you want." i pause for a second. "except lil hoodie."

she and mads laugh. "don't worry, i didn't plan on it," brynn assures me.

"good," i nod and leave the girls to unpack.

brynns pov:
"thank you so much for helping i swear this would've taken me all day without you," i engulf mads in a hug.

"aw of course!" she smiles. "do you have a tiktok?"

"yes, i'm very rarely active though," i tell her.

"wanna make one?" she asks.

"sure!" i hadn't made a tiktok since may.

*kenzie here is brynn
mads. yo: just finished decorating her bedroom and yes we still in pjs @brynnken

743k likes
4267 comments

madsxxlove: wait isn't she joshs friend in canada?
-mads.yo: she just moved into sway!

baddie..quotes: why did she move into sway lmao isn't it a boys house?
-joshrichards: because she's my best friend and yes, but now there's a sway girl:) new yt video about it on friday
liked by creator

"wow love the self promo," i laugh reading his comment.

"gotta get them so subscribe," he smiles. "what time are you guys going to lunch tomorrow?"

"mads and i are meeting nessa at around 1," i say.

"hey brynn can i clickbait you?" bryce come into my room with a vlog camera and asks.

"sure for what?" i ask. i don't mind being clickbait, but i really don't get how i'm relevant enough with my full 200k followers.

"just with 'the first sway girl' typa shit," he explains.

"wait no i was gonna do that," josh protests.

"wow, two clickbaits? i feel so important," i beam.

"you're not," josh humbles me.

"oh wow thanks," i roll my eyes. "but i need to shower, i never showered after the flight and i feel gross."

"you are," josh says.

"OKAY that's enough being mean to brynn for one night," i groan.