"Ya Allah shukar hai." She sighed in relief. "Yusuf." Meher squealed and flung herself on him.

"Relax Nur." Yusuf chuckled as she wrapped his arms around her slender frame. "Kya hua ?" (What happened)

"Nokri." (Job)

"What ?"

"Arham has asked me to work for him." She squealed. "No exactly work but help him in his work."

"What ?" Yusuf asked surprised.

Meher took her time to explain everything to him over breakfast.

"Are you sure you want to do this ? You have exams coming up Nur Jahan, that should be your first priority." Yusuf expressed his concern.

"I've caught up with my studies in a week, also FYI, I Mehrunissa  Haideri*." She said climbing on top of the chair and held her hand in front of her mouth like a microphone. "Am one of the brightest students in my university."

{* her maiden name}

"Okay Ms Mehrunissa Haideri now please get down of the furniture before you take a fall." He said extending his hand to her for support.

Meher took his hand and carefully stepped down the chair.

"So ?"

"So I want you to drop me on my first day to work." Meher announced looking up at Yusuf.

"What is it, your first day of kindergarten and me your abba taking you to school ?" Yusuf asked rolling his eyes.

"Yusuf please." Meher whined. "I don't want to go there alone and you are my strength."

"Okay fine." Yusuf playfully rolled his eyes. "I'll come by 10:30 to pick you up."

"NO." Meher screamed. "Ahem. I mean no. I need your help before that as well." She said giving his a small smile.

"Okay. Fine. What do you want me to do ?" He asked taking the Meher's teacup from her hand and placing it against his lips, savouring the wonderful warm beverage.

"My tea." Meher whined.

"Will you tell me now miss ?"

"Help me pick my outfit for the day." She said with a broad smile.

"Oh. Oh ! God I thought you wanted me to perform a lobotomy on someone, just pick out an outfit huh .. that's what I do everyday for a living." Yusuf said sarcastically.

"Don't be so haughty with me." Meher said folding her hand across her chest. "Now come on." She said walking out the dining room with a sulking Yusuf in tow.

•••

"I don't want to go inside." Meher said tugging on Yusuf's arm.

"Shh. Don't be a baby." Yusuf hissed as he held her hand and pulled her out of the car.

"Please Yusuf I don't want to go." She said eyeing the 11 floor tall glass building.

"But you have to Nur. Come on I'm going to be there with you okay." He said gently getting her out of the car.

Yusuf shut the door behind and placed his hand on the small of Meher's back pushing her forward gently.

"Good morning sir." The security greeted Yusuf as he stepped inside the building, Meher beside him.

"Good morning." Yusuf smiled back at the man.
"Let's go find Arham." She said to Nur and guided her to the reception.

"Good morning beautiful." He said in his flirtatious voice to the young girl sitting on the reception.

"G..good morning Mr. Choudary." She greeted back.

"Doctor." Meher and Yusuf corrected her together. The two looked at each other at the coincidence and chuckled.

"Sorry." He said looking the girl again. "Where can we find Arham." He asked.

"Sir I'll call sir's PA, just a minute." She said before calling up Arham's PA.

After a quick conversation the receptionist told them that they could find Arham in the fifth floor conference room.

Yusuf took Meher's hand and guided her easily through the crowd into the elevator to the fifth floor.

Meher could feel her heart race, the big tall building, people dressed up in suit and pants, and everyone was practically older to her, how would she survive alone.

".. I'll call you when I'm done okay."

"What ?" She asked as she came out of her la la land.

"I said, I'll call you when I'm done. If you need anything call me okay ?" He said gently.

"I'm scared." She said in a whisper.

"You don't have to be. You know the devil sitting inside, if he is rude to you let me know I'll smack him." Yusuf said making Meher smile.
"It's already 11:10, get inside." He said.

"Bye Yusuf."

"Bye Nur." Yusuf waved and watch her get inside the glass cubicle.

AN: Merry Christmas guys !!!
Lot of you want me to reveal about Hooriya's sickness or Arham's second marriage or Yusuf's feelings, I promise you I will, I'm just thinking of 'how' and what secret should come out first.

Let me know which secret you think should come out first and if the pace of the story is slow according to you.

Lots of love
Stay safe
xoxo