Remus had to help Sirius walk over to the couch supporting most of his weight. He was surprised that Sirius wasn't rushing ahead deliberating with James. However Sirius seemed content. When they reach the chair Peter was sleeping on Sirius pretty much dragged Remus on to the couch next to him. Sirius seemed completely happy pulling Remus' arm around him and cuddling up to him slightly. Sirius watched as James and Lily got ready to shave Peter's head, and Remus watched with awe at how Sirius was pressed into his side.

"All done!" James exclaimed so loud it was a shock Peter didn't wake. Remus looked away from Sirius for the first time and let out a howling laugh. Whatever spell Lily and James had used was not 100% effect and patches of Peter's dirty blonde hair poked up on his now bald head.

"He's going to kill you" Sirius said after they all calmed down a little. The mood of the whole common room had shift a little as time had passed. Though it was certainly still a party, some people had headed to bed, and the others were just talking in groups. This was usually the part of night where James and Sirius rallied everyone and kept the party going for hours. But James looked completely over joyed as him and Lily chatted over Peter's bald head. Sirius also seemed to not mind as he looked up at Remus through his eye lashes and asked "You okay Moony?"

"Yeah I'm grand" Remus said chuckling probably because he was drunk and found everything a little funny "you?"

"I think I'm done with partying" Sirius said and it was a surprise James didn't gasp. In all their years at Hogwarts James and Sirius had always been the last at every party, still laughing, and singing long after everyone else had gone to bed. "I think I'll head to bed."

"I was actually thinking there was a bit too many people in here. Maybe a walk?" James said it like a question directed at Lily, who surprisingly nodded.

"Some fresh air sounds nice. Go grab the map" James was off so quickly Remus was surprised there wasn't a dust cloud left in his track. He headed to the dormitory to get the map, skipping a little as he did so.

"You have him well trained" Remus joked to Lily who just smiled.

"Bed!" Sirius whined drooping more on to Remus' shoulder. And finally Remus' foggy mind realized that Sirius expected him to take him.

"Okay I guess we are going to bed" he said mostly to Lily who waggled her eyebrows.

Remus had a pretty tight grip on Sirius waist as they made their way to the spiral staircase, he seem completely unable to hold himself up. Remus himself was only barely able to stand, so the fact they made it up to the dormitory without toppling down the stairs was a miracle. James passed them as they were about to enter the dormitory, the map clenched in his hand.

"Bye" he yelled over his shoulder rushing down the stairs. Remus realize how much their group had changed in the last couple months. Not all that long ago it would have been Remus, and Lily sneaking off for a walk, while Sirius, James , and maybe Peter would have been making trouble around the castle. But as Remus watch Sirius collapse on the floor, laughing about how funnily James ran, he found he didn't really mind.

"The floor is so comfortable Moony. I bet it's the most comfortable floor in the whole world." Sirius said rolling around slightly and laughing. "Come try the floor!"

Remus didn't need much convincing, and laid carefully next to Sirius. A part of him knew it was just because he was drunk but he also kind of thought the floor was very comfortable.

"I think you're right Padfoot. The most comfortable floor in Britain." Remus said laughing at nothing in particular "why did they even put beds in here."

"If memory serves I suggested we all just sleep in a cuddle pile on the floor in third year, and I got shut down" Sirius said and Remus laughed again remembering how Sirius had tried to pull them all out of bed one night, for 'bonding'.