Part Twenty-Three

"Okay so it's a present for you. But it's also kinda of a present for the whole dormitory." Remus heard Sirius say as him and James lead Remus into the dormitory with his Gryffindor tie as a blind fold around his eyes. "well actually everyone else in Gryffindor tower will hate us. But I think you'll like it."

James gave Remus a pushed from behind that almost had him tip over.

"Hey" Remus said mildly "I swear to god if this is a prank."

"How many times we gotta tell you it's not a Prank! It's your Christmas present!" James exclaimed.

"That's exactly what you'd say if it was a prank." Remus muttered nervously. It was their first night back at Hogwarts and at first it had all been going well. They'd had an enjoyable train ride back and first meal in the great hall but when they'd returned to the common room James and Sirius had stated they had a surprise for him and that he had to wait in the common room as they set it up. Remus, Peter, and Lily all agreed this was a very Bad sign.

"Okay!" Sirius said and from the vibrations in the floorboards he was jumping up and down with excitement. "You can take it off."

So Remus quickly slipped off the tie and looked around. At first he couldn't tell what was different. The four posters bed were all spread out around the room like they always were. It was slightly cleaner then usual since the boys had packed up a lot of their junk before they left, but some clothes and garbage were on the floor. But then he found the surprise, next to his bed on a small table was a record player.

"Where? What? How?" Remus sputtered surprised as he made his way over to the record player.

"Well the where is a muggle music store" James said hurrying a head of Remus and sitting on Remus' bed right next to the record player "we went in and asked the muggle for a device that plays records. And whatever records a nerdy guy who wears big sweaters and like chocolate would want."

Remus smiled at the thought of James and Sirius trying to blend in at a muggle shop and asking for 'the device that plays records'. Then he noticed that below the record player was a box filled with them.

"The what" Sirius added excitedly "is a record player and the 15 best records for sweater wearing nerds according to the muggle."

"The how, is we had Mum enchant it because usually Muggle stuff like this doesn't work at Hogwarts. But this baby does" James said tapping the top of the record player.

Still in disbelief Remus bent down and started looking over the records in the box. Almost all of them he knew, a couple The Beatles one, and John Lennons solo record, Black Sabbath, Elton John, a lot of it was stuff he and his Mum listened too at home.

"But how did you get it back here?" Remus asked, still flipping through the records.

"Shockingly enough" Sirius said sitting on the bed next to James "In the luggage."

"But" Remus said looking up at the confused "how'd it fit, I saw your trunk on the Express it wasn't any bigger, and you both only had the one?"

"Oh" Sirius said seeming a little embarrassed now "I may have left some stuff behind at James'"

"And by some, he means all of it" James added.

"What?" Remus said.

"Well not exactly all of it" Sirius said "I have my robes, and my books, just my muggle clothes, and other junk like that."

"You shouldn't have done that Padfoot" Remus said in shock.

"Oh it's not a big deal, I'll just borrow James stuff and yours for the rest of the year." Sirius said grinning "always thought I'd look good in a big sweater."