36. Hiccup Is As Protective As Any Dragon, Alliance Is Another Word For Family

AN: I have arrived with an update! Huge shoutout to my beta @fuzzyellie who got back to me really quickly!Also I'm dedicating this chapter to her as a belated birthday present, it was 2 weeks ago but I haven't updated in ages so oof, because she's amazing and hasn't decided to murder me yet!I made a discord server, if you wanna join here's the link:https://discord.gg/pcF2uH4C2v

At the end there are more notes explaining some stuff but it has spoilers so read the chapter first!

Aurora, Astra, Hiccup and Toothless arrived soon after this.

"Is anyone gonna explain what the Hel is going on? I think Aurora and Astra just terrified all the villagers."

"Well, Hiccup," Mala started, "apparently there has been increased hunter activity around these parts."

"How are we only discovering this now?"

"To be fair, we always avoid this area when travelling." Astra pointed out.

"Okay, yes we do try and avoid this area, we still should have known, how did we find out?"

"Your Mother told us that she and Cloudjumper were shot down by said hunters, too many to just be following her. They're planning something big, Hiccup." Aurora replied.

"Oh, fan-fucking-tastic!" Hiccup groaned, dropping his face into his hands.

"Language, Hiccup." Toothless sighed, rolling his eyes. His response was a sharp glare.

Screwing his eyes shut, Hiccup took a deep breath. "So we need a plan." He opened his eyes. "Any ideas?"

"We could–-" Hiccup cut his sister off.

"Without rushing in headfirst, arson and general calamity." She pouted.

"I'd like to point out that rushing in headfirst is your thing, and that I don't always suggest arson."

"Seriously, nobody has any ideas?" He ignored his sister's comment.

"Well, Aurora's idea is somewhere to start, I know two Vikings and a certain Zippleback who would be very helpful." Astra pointed out.

"You're insane!" Hiccup accused the Star Fury. "You can't actually be suggesting we include them in this?!"

"Who's 'them'?" Valka questioned.

"The twins, Barf 'n' Belch." Heather supplied, at Valka's confused face she added, "Two Berkians and a Zippleback they bonded with."

"Why shouldn't they be included?" Mala asked. "This is their fight too."

"This is not their fight!" Hiccup exploded, before taking a step back and inhaling, adding in a small voice. "This was never their fight, and it shouldn't be your fight either."

"Hiccup," Dagur began, "if we ever want peace with dragons to last, then we all have to fight together."

"I know you, Hiccup, you want to share the peace between dragons and people, you always have. If you hadn't then our tribes would still be fighting dragons, both sides would still be fighting for survival, the Red Death's reign would never have ended. You are too selfless for your own good, you don't want Berk to be in danger, despite everything they did to you." Cami stated.

"We wouldn't have it any other way. If it weren't for your stupid selflessness, I never would have met my brother." Heather laughed, dropping her voice to a conspiratorial whisper and adding. "Plus he would still be a total dick."

Dagur glared playfully, eyes softening when they turned on Hiccup, "My sister is right, without you I wouldn't have met her or my fiancée."

"So you finally popped the question? About time!" Aurora hollered.