Snogging & Eggnogging

Start from the beginning

"So how was your first Winter Star celebration?" He questions coolly stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"It was actually really nice," Adella smiles with a nod, "The food, booze, and candy were all delicious. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Overall I have a great time."

"I'm glad you had fun." He softly smiles, "Who did you have as your special friend?"

"I had Elliott," she answers, "I got him a mystery novel I thought he would like."

"That's cool." Shane nodded, "I had my aunt this year." He noted.

"That's nice." Adella smiles nodding.

They shuffle passed the vacant bus stop turning the farmer's cheerful mode into a somber one. Shane noticed her shift in attitude and lets out a sigh.

"He'll be back, he's a man of his word." He assures her gently rubbing her back.

"Yeah..." She agrees with him as they continue to shuffle throw the snow back to the farm.

Once there, Adella unlocks her door to see an ecstatic hound waiting at the door, "Hey there Demeter." She smiles patting her then the dog starts sniffing at Shane's boots. "You remember Shane don't you girlie?"

Demeter barks happily at him wanting him to pet her. "I remember you too, Dee." Shane chuckles patting at the base of her tail.

"Well, thanks for walking me home, Shane." Adella states taking off her gloves and places them on a nearby table.

"Any time, farmer." He shrugs with a slight smirk. Shane glances away from her only to land at the mistletoe above her door frame, "How long has that been up there?" He points at it.

"Oh that?" She looks at it with him, "Ever since I decorated the house." Adella answers his question feeling blood rush to her cheeks.

"You know I can't leave till I kiss you right?" He raises an eyebrow curious if she would be alright with it.

"I know, but that would be up to you if you uh... wanna kiss me or not..." She blushes darting her eyes around the room.

"Wouldn't the doc get mad?"

"It's a mistletoe kiss," Adella comments, "If it's between a couple of good friends I'm sure he won't get too upset." She mentions before feeling a pit fall in her stomach.

What are you doing? You can't be seriously thinking you want to kiss Shane, your best friend out of all people right now! Her conscience nagged as she debated to herself. If Harvey finds out he would be so devastated.

She matches his gaze only to find herself staring at completely different Shane. The twinkling porch lights gave him a dramatic setting to show off his rugged cheekbones and jawline and highlighting his five o'clock shadow. His caramel color eyes sparkled almost turning them into delicate honey color, and it's probably her first time noticing that there is a slight purple hue to hair.

Shane isn't all that bad looking but Adella couldn't quite place whether it was the seemingly magical atmosphere they're in or she's discovering something that wasn't there before.

"What Harvey doesn't know won't hurt him." He bargains lifting her chin up and kisses her softly.

A jolt of electricity travels through her causing her to get goosebumps. Her guilt slowly disappeared as she melts more into the kiss. Adella could feel him wrap his arms around her  waist pulling her in closer. She mimicked this by reaching up the arms of his coat and letting the rest just above his elbows. Could she actually have feelings for Shane this whole time and didn't find out until just now? In the back of her mind she knew this is completely wrong, especially to someone as sweet and kind like Harvey, but it felt so right.

Shane slowly pulls away letting them each have a moment, "Do you kiss every guy like that?" He jokes as his whole face turns red. 

Adella let out a small chuckle, "How do you expect me to answer that?"

"I don't know," he shrugs with a playful smirk, "That was probably more than just a mistletoe kiss."

She rolls her eyes with a grin growing across her face, "Don't you think it's getting a bit late?"

"Alright, alright I can take hint," Shane chuckles retrieving his hands and putting them in his pockets, "Have a good night, Adella." He kisses her cheek before heading home.

Adella closed the door smiling to herself like an idiot, "Am I starting to get feelings for my best friend?" She though to herself taking off her coat, "I'm probably just deprived of affection and I miss Harvey way to much." She reasons with herself as she plops on the couch.

Demeter jumps on the couch next to her and rests her head on her lap, "Am I overthinking this, Dee? It did seem more than a mistletoe kiss..." Adella bites her lip thinking.

"Maybe I do like Shane more than a friend... or maybe it's the guilt of me kissing him..."

A few knocks at her door interrupt her train of thought and causes Demeter to bark at the door. She jumps up to answer the door.

"Did you miss me?" Harvey smiles happily holding a small boutique of pink roses.

Tears swelled in her eyes as she hugged the doctor tightly, burying her face into his chest inhaling his signature teakwood cologne. She takes in the aroma sensing his warmth surround her as he encloses her in his arms.

"You have no idea." Adella grins leaning up to kiss him.

Harvey wraps his arms tighter around her proving physically how much he missed her. For a moment he almost forgets he was also holding onto flowers.

"I uh... also got you these," he blushes showing off the boutique, "They didn't have any red ones, I hope that's okay."

"They're beautiful, Harvey!" She beams taking the roses, "I love them, thank you so much." Adella pecks his lips before heading to the kitchen. "Come in out of the cold and make yourself at home."

She puts the boutique in a vase and jumps slightly feeling Harvey snake his arms around her from behind. He starts to softly kiss her neck till she exhales a small moan.

"What's gotten into you?" Adella breathes out a moan feeling him kiss up to her ear.

"I've just missed you, my dear." He kisses her ear, "We have a lot of catching up to do." Harvey teases playfully biting her ear.

Her heart skipped a beat sending a wave a goosebumps down her body. She never would've imagine him to be this kinky but she likes where things are going. But somehow while the doctor goes back down neck she couldn't shake off the guilt that she kissed Shane right before he showed up. Like he said, what Harvey doesn't know won't hurt him.