Chapter 9 - Clouds rain too when they're too heavy

Start from the beginning

I high fived Theo and wiggled my eyebrows at Malfoy. He threw me the foulest look and then proceeded to shove his supplies in his bag. For Daphne's sake, I had not said a word to him since Thursday and he hadn't spoken to me either, which was just fine. We split ways when we had patrol I only hung out with Daphne if she was not around him.

But today I just couldn't.

"You seem a little tense", I said as I followed Malfoy through the hallway, Tracey next to me.

"Shut it, Selwyn", he hissed. I shrugged and decided to indeed let it go. Angry Malfoy was not a fun Malfoy. But I had already created a spark and it was too late.

Malfoy turned around suddenly, causing me to almost bump into him.

"You really are a bitch, you know that?" he said, pricking his finger in my collar bone.

"Perhaps", I nodded, not very fazed. I hadn't been called a bitch many times, most people didn't dare to, but I knew most of them thought it. I didn't mind that much.

"You think you're really all that, huh?" Malfoy laughed, a dark glint in his eyes, his nose slightly scrunched.

"Well let me tell you something, Selwyn. Absolutely no one likes you." I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms defensively. Funny coming from him.

"Always up there in your ivory tower, thinking you're better than everyone else. You're not. You have absolutely no significance and you're a disgrace to Slytherin house."

I wanted to respond, but he didn't let me finish.

"Don't think I haven't seen you hanging around the half-blood Gryffindor. If your family knew they'd disown you. You try to stand tall behind your name, but you're not worthy of it."

I swallowed. That was a painful hit. I was a Selwyn and I honoured the name. I was respectful and intelligent and my parents were proud of me for it.

"Don't you see it? Your mother constantly praises me around you. Even your own mother wants you to be more like me."

"Get over yourself Malf-"

"No, you get over yourself. You think you're so perfect and a role model. Well, you're not. You're a snob and pathetic and worthless. Your parents don't like you, the Slytherin students don't like you and even your best friend prefers to hang out with me."

"Stop talking", I said quietly, trying to calm down.

"You're absolutely worthless, Eleanor."

I bit the inside of my cheek to not tear up. I didn't cry, I never did and I definitely wouldn't in front of Malfoy. Not in a million years. I tasted blood, but it did work. My hands started shaking as his words spun around in my head.

"Stop it."

The words made deep cuts and I felt so angry at him.

"No one likes you."

"STOP IT!" I screamed, slapping him hard across the face.

I wasn't worthless. My parents were proud of me and there were people who liked me. I was not stuck in an ivory tower and I wasn't a snob. I was nice to people Malfoy would never even look in the eyes.

Malfoy stared at me with big eyes and I knew I had to get out of there before I'd get a panic attack. I gripped the straps of my bag tightly and walked on, pushing the people away who had gathered around to watch.

"Miss Selwyn, that's detention in my office tonight!" a shrill voice sounded in the hallway. Umbridge stood at the end, her hands in her sides and eyes flaming.