7- Bench Confessions

(A/N:Picture is of Liam's girlfriend, Jennifer)
ITS SUPPOSED TO SAY JENNIFER

Chapter 7
(Liam's POV)

"I don't understand why you're making such a big deal out of this!" I yelled.

"Why IM making such a big deal out of this? I feel, I feel foolish for loving you. You always treat me like gold, and yet you can't say it back?" Jen yelled back.

"You think I can't say it back?" I asked, more like stated.

"If you could I wouldn't be so irritated!"

"You know what Jen? I've done so much for you, I've shown you I care, and you're just, throwing it all away just because I can't say I love you right now?!"

"Don't play games Liam. You've never said it." Jen glares at me, her eyes are mixed with emotions of anger and hurt.

My eyes softened, "I like you a lot and you know that! I want to be with you Jen-"

"Don't," She sighed. "Liam I will give you this chance. Say it."

"Now?" I asked, but it came out weaker then I expected.

"Now." She came a bit close, her face firm and her eyes still leaking occasional tears.

"I...", I grab her face in my hands, gently wiping away the tears just shed with my thumb. I sighed, "I. Don't. Love. You. Jen." I looked at the ground, couldn't bare to see her face now.

"Then we're over." She lowered my hands and gave me a final nod.

"Jennifer!" I say hopelessly, watching her run inside.

"Jen..."

I sigh as I plop down on the bench, burying my face in my hands. A tear slipped out of my left eye. What have I done? Why couldn't I have said it?
Because you didn't love her.
Yes I did. My mom always said that when you're in love, you'll know. Didn't I know? No, no you didn't.

"Ugh." I sighed, tired of fighting against my own conscience. I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I jumped, a bit startled. When I turned around, I met eyes with the least likely person

"Um... Hi." Grace weakly smiled at me, "Are you okay?"

"Do you really wanna know?"

She shrugs and sits down on the bench beside me. I gave her a weak smile and started talking.

~•~

I told her everything. From when things started to go wrong, to when Jen had had enough and left me. She listened intently the whole time, it was just what I needed.

"Wow." She said, nothing but sympathy in her eyes.

"Yeah." I reply, taking a deep breath.

"I'm, sorry. You know I didn't really think I'd ever see this side of you..." She trailed off, looking towards the street.

"What do you mean?" Saying I was confused was an understatement.

"You know... All vulnerable and sad. I always see you laughing or flirting or hanging out with your demon of a girlfriend..." Her eyes widened. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Ex- girlfriend. Got it." She sheepishly smiled.

I smiled. "You're cute when you're embarrassed." Now it's my turn to widen my eyes, "That, that wasn't supposed to come out."

She laughed, "It's okay, now we're equal. Thanks by the way."

"Equal." I agreed. A silence filled the air temporarily. She shivered and I spoke up. "Are you cold?"

"No, no I'm fine." She smiled/ grimaced from the cold.

"Here, I'll give you a ride home," I offered her my hand, "Trust me, my car has heat."

She took me hand, giggling. As soon as she got up she let go. I frowned from the loss of contact as we walked to my car.

"Thanks." She stated, slamming the passenger door as I started down the road.

"No problem. Anything for you beautiful." I winked at her over the console.

She looked down with a playful smile, "You just had a breakup! Could you stop doing that? Turn here."

"Doing what?" I turned my attention back to the road while rounding a corner, a small smirk still resting on my face.

"Being all charming and happy and funny and... Attractive and crap." She said, rolling her eyes and blushing.

"I'd have to take that as a compliment." I smile.

"Yeah well, you gave me a ride and basically told me your life story so... I can't hate you right now. And I guess I'm sorry for the other day. I just figured that you were all the same." She shrugged, "Turn here."

I turned and her finger went up, pointing to her house, "There. Thanks." She smiles at me as I slow the car into park.

"So," I grabbed her wrist as she opened the door, "Does this mean that something changes?"

"I don't see what would. I said thanks." Grace closed me off. Again.

I let go of her wrist. "C'mon! I spilled my broken heart to you! Can't we at least talk?"

"Yeah, as long as you don't act two faced." She rolled her eyes as she grabbed her bags and fully opened her door and got out.

I rolled down the window on her side and hollered out, " So can I get your number?"

"Bye Liam!" She turned around and smiled, continuing her walk up her driveway. I chuckled shaking my head, this girl.

"Bye Grace."

•~•~•••~•~~~•~••~
^^beautiful right 😂

A/N: Yay it's a Friday update! Don't you just love cute Giam/Lace moments? Speaking of, we need to settle on one ship name. Hope you had a good week, sorry for waiting so long to update, love you all!

Thoughts on the chapter? How about the ship names? #Giam or #Lace?
Next Chapter: 8 votes, 5 comments

Vote• Comment• Follow