3- Oops

CHAPTER 3
( Grace's POV)

I pushed past Liam heading towards the bleachers as I silently freaked out. I just dissed Liam Payne.

I. Just. Dissed. Liam. Payne.

I didn't even think, when I started I just, kept going! Why? Why, why, why me? Mentally beating myself up, I found Amber sitting in the bleachers; her legs were on the rest of the bleacher beside her. I suppose that spot is for me.

"Hey, you took forever!" Amber swung her legs to the floor and scooted over on the bleachers to make room for me.

"Yeah, I got... caught up. Lots of kids. People. I, tripped. I'm fine" I innocently responded, knowingly avoiding eye contact. Did I mention I'm a terrible liar? I looked towards the field as the last students filled the bleachers. I spotted a familiar tall brunette flirting with someone WAY out of his league. "Hey Jason! Over here!"

Jason rolled his eyes as he spotted us. He mumbled something to the blonde bimbo and jogged over. Jason is basically my brother. We think we were separated at birth. I've known him since middle school. Our first interaction was literally,
"Hey I'm lonely. Oh, you are too? Let's be lonely together!" And BAM, he was my first friend back in Middle.

Amber is a different story. She lives only 2 houses down from me on the opposite side of the road. We used to hate each other. I mean, knife at the throat hate each other. But then her mom had a miscarriage in her 4th grade and all that fire went away. She lost a baby sister, and I've always wanted one. So one magical day on the cruddy playground, she opened up to me and I opened up to her. Since then, we've been attached by the hip.

"Attempting to get a date again?" I questioned Jason as he forcefully shoved my butt over.

"Succeeded actually. Everyone wants a piece of this." He plopped down beside me, motioning towards himself.

"Yeah she can have it, and keep it, cuz no one wants a piece of you." I rolled my eyes and focused my attention towards the field.

"Aw, Don't be like that babe." He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck.

"Get oooofffffffff." I groaned, trying to push him with my arm.

"Hey, stop annoying Grace!" Amber protested.

"Hey, calm your weave!" Jason retaliated.

"Racist"

"Biased"

"Guys! Chill. Jeez can you guys go one second without arguing?" I said.

"No." They both said at the same time.

"Well at least you agree on something." I said, successfully shoving the walking teddy bear off of me.

•~~~~~~~•

After a long hour and a half of sweat and exercise in the Spring weather, we're back in the locker room changing. Luckily this is our last class of the day.

"Hey I'm ready when you are." I say to Amber, who takes 2 hours to get ready.

"Don't pull that tone with me when we know I'm the one waiting for you to tell me what went on with you and Mr. Dreamboat earlier."

She saw. Oops!

"Mhmm, so are you gonna tell me now? Or do I have to ask him myself-"

"No no, no I'm gonna tell you jeez." I quickly added.

"That's what I thought," She pulled on her jeans that went well with her floral top. Her hair was left in a ponytail. "C'mon, Jason is giving us a ride to the smoothie shop."

We filed into the hallway as the 'end of day' bell rang. Hundreds of bodies surrounded us as we pushed our way towards the front exit. The first thing I saw was the small Toyota parked out front with a Jason dancing to who knows what inside of it.

I rolled my eyes as Amber chuckled and said something along the lines of 'he's so cute' and walked towards it. I tapped on the window and a now wide-eyed, embarrassed Jason leaned over and unlocked the doors.

"Sit in the back." He mumbled.

"Whatever you say, dancing queen." Amber laughed. She immediately pulled out her phone.

Jason smiled, "Yea, yea make fun. Remember I'm driving you!"

"Haha, sorry." I slammed the door shut as he pulled out.

••~~••~~••

A/N: YAYAYAYAYYAY I FINALLY GOT TO UPDATE. Hope you guys liked the chapter! Remember I can't update until the vote goal is met, so I'll lower it down for now so I can update more often.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! School just started for me, but that won't be a problem for now. If I need more time I'll tell you guys. Love you 💘

Next Update: 6 votes, 4 comments

Vote• comment •follow