9- Something About You

The multimedia is a picture of Grace, played by Gabriella Wilde.

Chapter 9

(Liam's POV)

She was truly beautiful, inside and out. I wanted to get to know her better. Hopefully we'd end up being partners for the history project.

"Liam and Grace." Our teacher picks out our names from the boy and girl hat. Like the hunger games.

I silently cheered as I got out of my seat. She got up and walked beside me as we made our way to the teachers desk. I grabbed the papers the teacher handed to us and smiled at her. She smiles back and we walk back to our seats. Luckily, the person who usually sits next to her was absent, so I sit in his seat.

"So..." I start, turning to face Grace as the teacher continued.

"So?" She asked.

I cleared my throat, "So we're partners."

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

Sorry? I'm overjoyed! "You're sorry?"

"Yeah, you probably wanted to be with your other friends." She shrugs.

"No it's okay! I mean, yeah that'd be nice but, you're good too." Wait, that came out wrong. Yikes!

She looked taken aback. Yup, that definitely came out wrong.

" No no no no no. I didn't mean it like that! I meant, I like you as my partner. Really."

She still looked hesitant, but she didn't look as offended as before. "Okay." And with that she turned to the board and shut me out. To say I felt embarrassed was an understatement. This would be a long period.

~*~*~

After the lecture, the teacher gave us 5 minutes to arrange times to work on the project with our partners.

"So you can come over around 5 tomorrow, I'll be home." Grace offered, and I'm glad she's not coming to mine.

"That's good for me too. I'll see you then." I sent a smirk her way as she rolled her eyes and left the classroom.

"Grace!" I called out, laughing. Wow, I'd really have to win her over.

~*~

Saturday finally came after a sleepless Friday night. My brain was just too active. I can't really explain it, something about Grace just makes me want to know her better. I pulled up in my red Pick-up to her house. Of course, this is my second time seeing it, but it would be my first to going inside.

I knocked on the door.

No answer.

So I rang the doorbell, then I rang it again.

No answer.

Okay... She said five. I checked my watch. 5:07. By this point I'm getting confused. Something tells me to turn the knob. It's open.

I push the door in as I enter the empty house. I feel like I'm intruding, but something tells me that the eerie silence isn't good. She's home. I see her bag, and her half eaten bowl of fruit.

"Hello?" I call out, wondering blindly through the house. There's only one light on, a small door down the hallway. I walk towards it slowly.

"Grace?" When I don't find her in the bathroom filled with tissues, my heart beats a bit faster. I turn around to go back, but something stops me. Another door is open, a small shadow squeezed into the corner.

"Grace!" I called out, quickly walking into the room and kneeling before the girl with her arms wrapping her knees to her chin, head buried in between them.

"What happened?" I asked, quietly and concerned. She slowly rose her head, revealing her puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. It broke my heart seeing her like this.

"I..." She started, but it caught in her throat.

"Shhh, it's okay." I slowly scooted next to her and coaxed her body towards me, wrapping my arms around her.

"Liam I-" She tried to speak, but the tears replaced her words. I hugged her even tighter.

"It's okay. Tell me when you can, okay?" She nodded, still crying.

My heart sank even lower. I don't even know what's going on, but I can't leave her alone like this.

~*~

About an hour later, I had my earphones in and she had fallen asleep on my shoulder. In that time I had called Zayn to give me her best friends number. I couldn't think of anyone else to call. After that (her name is Amber apparently) I called Amber. After she had freaked out a bit because she wasn't there, she finally told me that Grace is prone to really bad panic attacks. I don't know what triggered it, but Amber says they don't happen frequently. Her words from earlier rang through my head.

"Help her stay calm, don't let her leave your sight for the rest of today. She might come off as okay, but she's always emotionally unstable after these. If she's in the state she was in before when she wakes up, give her the pills under the bathroom sink. They'll soothe her. Thank you Liam, you really saved the day. And by the way, I ship it."

I chuckled softly at the memory. She seems like quite a character.

Apparently my movement awoke Grace.

"Liam?" She rose her head off of my shoulder, her eyebrows knitted together.

I smiled softly at her, "Its okay. Do you... Do you remember?"

"Sadly, yes." She sighed and stretched her legs, "I'm sorry you had to see me like that."

"Don't be. I'm just concerned, what happened?"

"I just had a panic attack." She moves back to her position next to me, "No biggee."

"No biggee?! You were in a room alone crying! I was, and still am so worried!" I said, a bit to loudly, to her.

Her eyes widened and her lip started to quiver," I got scared, okay?" She whispered, tears re-wetting her cheeks.

"No no no, please don't cry. I'm sorry." I wiped her tears with my thumb, now in front of her, "What happened?"

"I... I don't actually know." She sadly chuckles, " When I was eating, I heard a knock on the door and I knew it wasn't you so I didn't answer and," She sighed, "The person knocked harder and threatened to break down the door and I got scared." Her voice broke at the end.

I stare at her, and can't help but feel sympathy towards her.

"I know. It's stupid." She said, getting up, stumbling a bit.

"It's not stupid." I tell her, getting up as well, "I'm just, thank you. I'm glad you told me. Did you know who it was?"

Her eyes darted to the side before saying, "No. And you're welcome I guess."

Literally 2 seconds went by before Grace said, "Well? Are we gonna start the project or not?" And walked out of the room.

All of that drama just happened and that's all? I sighed as I followed her out of the room.

~••~•~•~•~•~~••~•~••~

A/N: THURSDAY UPDATTTEEEE! Phew! I worked really hard on this chapter, I really hope you guys liked it! I'm also really happy that this story is finally picking up. I have big plans ahead for this 😁

Thoughts on the chapter? How about Grace's breakdown? Liam comforting her?

I had school off today and yesterday but, I hope you have a great rest-of-the-week. Love you😘

Go big or go home:

Next Chapter: 15 votes, 7 comments 😏

Vote•Comment•Follow