Chapter Six: Lessons

After the end of the meeting Ryne led Taylor, Jamie and the rest of the Arturions to where they'd be staying. Taylor and Jamie's caravan was a light green in colour with a miniature garden out the front with tulips and other types of flowers and plants that Taylor couldn't name. Ryne gestured for them to enter first through the door which had a huge panel of glass in the middle with more steel bars across it and a metalframe.  

Walking into the caravan he could tell it was well aged; the corner sofa looked like something from the 80's. The red and brown fabric formed into a strange pattern that just seemed random. To the left was an old chimney with a wooden frame built around it, with a small wooden cupboard next to it. Taylor couldn't see any sign of anyone, not even in the kitchen

"Is it just us here then?" asked Taylor inspecting the caravan further.

"No, you have two others with you but they’re out training at the moment and aren't due back for another hour at least. This is where you two will sleep, the caravan has a kitchen of course but we all get together at dinner time in the main building so everyone can socialise," said Ryne as he showed them to their room.

The bedroom contained two single beds with matching headboards with thick red and yellow stripes a bed side table between both. There was a big cupboard for clothes etc. at the foot of the bed by the window and the curtains matched the headboards.

"It’s nothing fancy but these caravans are home to us, you'll be expected to do your own washing and to maintain everything inside. Unless something needs repairing," said Ryne as he led them back out of the bedroom and into the living room.

"Okay, we can handle that. What time is dinner?" asked Jamie the sound of his stomach rumbling reminding Taylor as well as him how hungry they were.

"Not for a couple of hours yet guys but there should be some food about the kitchen but don't take too much. Stocks are pretty low until the food run is done tomorrow morning," said Ryne.  He waved his goodbyes and headed off to show the others to their accommodation.

"Take care guys and get some rest," called Mylar, waving at the two as they stood atthe door of their new home for the foreseeable future.

The both of them collapsed on their beds with even bothering to get under the covers. Taylor, for the first time, felt all the exhaustion ache in his bones. His head began tothrob from the events of the day. In no time his eyes drooped closed as he drifted into a dreamless sleep. It only felt like a few minutes that he’d been asleep when he felt a finger prod his face.

"Why the damn face?" thought Taylor as he cracked open his eyes to see a smirking Mylar form from the blurriness of his vision.

"I only just got to sleep. What the hell are you doing?" grumbled Taylor, burying his face into the pillow.

"Pfft, you've been out almost two hours lad, now get your arse up or you're gonna miss dinner," said Mylar who then went to wake Jamie in the same fashion. Jamie was even more displeased.

 "Do that again and I'm going to punch you in the face, Mylar," growled Jamie as he sat up on his elbows.

"Ooh someone's got their knickers in a twist. And by the way I'm a hundred years ahead of you in terms of fist fighting skills," said Mylar with a laughright before he strolled out of the room.