Chapter Two: Tales Of War

As the fire around them fell out of sight, Taylor's head began to spin and he felt a surge of nausea ripple up his throat before he vomited again, this time on a pristine marble floor. He was surprised he even had anything left to throw up after eating so little that day. Taylor looked up and found himself right in front of even more marble in the form of a grand staircase. There were paintings possibly decades old or more judging by how the people in them dressed, hung from the walls encased in ornate frames of gold.

“What on earth is going on? More importantly where the hell are we?” Thought Taylor, continuing to marvel at the sight before him. He looked around to see his friend only just rising to his feet and was glad that he hadn't fared any worse than that.. There was vomit on the floor in front of him as well. The smell was god-awful, and one of the twins stood by him looking a little amused.

"Taylor, are you alright?" asked the question wrapped up in a thick South African accent. He realized it was the twin who had brought him here. His eyes were white like Tobias; he also had light brown hair.  

"Uh. yeah, I'm fine, just queasy.  What was your name again?" asked Taylor as he shook his head to try and stop the room from spinning.

"My name is Michal and that's my brother Farn." he replied, who smiled at him in response to the introduction.

He noticed Taylor looking at Jamie and laughed a little. "The transportation we use takes some getting used to even for us at first." said Michal grinning ear to ear at Taylor.

Taylor felt himself grinning back despite the strange situation he and Jamie were in.

“Where are we?" asked Jamie, his eyes finally looking as if they’d come back into focus as he took in his surroundings.

"We’re in a nice little patch of countryside on the outskirts of London. So nice and private. Replied Farn with a smile and a wink.

"Second question. Is there any chance someone could tell us why our college just got bombed by three fire wielding psychopaths?" asked Taylor with as much bluntness as he could muster.

"Probably best we wait until Tobias gets back before we tell you anything," said Michal. Just as he said that, a whoosh erupted from behind them and Tobias materialized out from the dazzling white flames.

"Everything alright?" asked Farn, seeing the look of anger and frustration across Tobias’ face as he ran his hand through his hair. Taylor wondered how old he was, . Maybe mid-twenties but he couldn't help think otherwise, it was something about the look in the man's eyes. Almost as if he was wiser beyond his years.

"No, but by Arturios, I swear they are getting far stronger recruits all the time. One of them almost caught me off guard from behind. If he hadn't stumbled he would've had me!" exclaimed Tobias looking absolutely drained.

"Tobias you need rest. You haven't stopped these last few days." said Farn eyeing him warily as if he expected him to keel over any second.

"Sleep can wait there are more important matters to be addressed, such as owing our new guests an explanation." Tobias smiled toward Taylor and Jamie. Finally relaxing letting warmth and comfort ebb their way into his soft young features, almost as if not having a care in the world.

"If you'll follow me, we'll go somewhere more out of the way so we are able to talk.” he gestured to a door just by the grand stair case off to the left.

They followed Tobias to the room as the twins trailed behind chatting away in hushed tones, which started to put Taylor on edge. Jamie had clearly picked up on the conversation as well and had started to look jumpy himself. The two exchanged a worried look. Looking up to the grand staircase, metal bunk beds lined the hallway that ran above it, right in front of the stairs, themselves using all the space available.