Chapter Twenty: My Vengeance

The night’s sky reformed about them as the white inferno fell down around the returning army of Arturions. It had stopped raining at last, to be replaced by a clear sky and full moon; its glow illuminated the men and women below. The throng of people rapidly parted from the direction of the main building and walking through them was Tobias, his face full of relief and joy as he looked upon his people returned home. Mylar, Taylor and the twins had only just appeared themselves just after the rest of the army after making sure Glyde Court had been put to ruin. They were in the very middle of the army as all around them people shook hands and embraced each other, it had been a good night and few friends had fallen.

Taylor saw Tobias first and smiled upon his arrival, the Arturion leader extended a hand to the soon be king and he took it shaking it firmly. They embraced for a moment and stood apart both smiling, Tobias's heart filled with pride to see his king finally becoming the man he needed to be.

"It warms my heart to see you well, Taylor.  How severe were out casualties? Asked Tobias who was eager to get the bad news first.

"We lost fifteen altogether, and the enemy the last I heard was eighty-four after the building had been swept before I destroyed it" said Taylor. It had been a lucky fight, but the wound in his back still ached and he winced as the pain flared back to life.

"Are you wounded?" He asked his face full of concern as he rushed to his side.

"Just a shallow wound in my back, I managed to get away before too much damage was caused" He said, as he breathed deeply and exhaled in attempt to get his breathing under control.

"Well off to, Aeon straight away and look for any other injured to take with you" He said, and watched as Taylor walked away without question through the crowd calling for the injured to follow him.

"Tobias!, Where's Tobias?" Came a voice, just penetrating the chatter amongst the army around him. It sounded vaguely like Hernandez from the accent.

"I'm over here!" Shouted Tobias carrying his voice as far as his lungs would allow him. After a few moments of shoving and weaving, the crowd parted for him right before he reached Tobias, and he came stumbling out, his face full of panic and fear.

"Hernandez, What in the name of Arturios is the matter? He asked.

"Its Ewilinia sir...I'm so sorry she was my responsibility and I failed you" said Hernandez his breathing harsh and unsteady, he was also sweating profusely. He wore a grey t-shirt and baggy black trousers, they were also singed in places, and holes riddled the fabric exposing his skin beneath.

"Okay take a deep breath" said Tobias. He did so appearing to be able to calm down enough to finally speak.

"Good, now tell me what happened" He said.

"Ewilinia, she left and almost burnt me to a crisp as she did, not on purpose though. I was too close to her when her flames surrounded her. She's gone after Caius, sir" said Hernandez, his guilt at failing to keep her inside the base had failed. He had failed his leader.

"By Arturios, she's going to get herself killed. Find Ryne and have him send out scouts to track her down, hopefully she has not gone far. Hurry!" said Tobias.

"Yes, sir" said Hernandez then he ran through the crowd again to find Ryne.

"Where ever you are and whatever you're doing. Just be careful Ewilinia" Thought Tobias as he turned to the rest of the troops to congratulate them on a battle well fought.

                                     ......................................................................................................