Chapter Five

I waited for him to respond. If he even would. I kept my phone by my side, hoping that he would reply. For the first time since Kane, I felt a spark that I hadn't felt in a long time. One that I wasn't sure that I would feel ever again.

I hoovered over the letters once more, trying to figure out what to say next. 

"I'd like to meet up again, if you would want to." 

I saw the text bubbles appear once more. I knew that he was finally responding back. 

"I'd like that," it read. "Meet me at my house later for dinner? I'll text you the directions." 

I smiled as I bit my bottom lip. I gently placed my phone down on the nearby table. I couldn't believe that Celyn had wanted to see again. Not after I made myself look like a complete fool.

Part of me knew that Kane would want me to move on but part of me found it hard to try to move on too. Was I doing wrong by Kane by moving on and letting another man into my heart? 

Kane and I never talked about what would happen if one of us lost the other. I swore in my heart that I'd never love another... but here I am. I could find myself falling for Celyn. Us meeting twice had to be fate. 

Maybe this was my last chance at a happily ever after. 

I looked down at my phone and saw where Celyn had texted me the directions to his house. He wanted me to meet him at five. I had plenty of time to figure out what to wear and to get ready. 

I walked into the bathroom and stripped down. I walked into the shower, the warm water beating down on me. I lathered and washed my hair before washing off the rest of my body. I stepped out of the shower and put the towel around my waist and wrapped the other around my head. 

I started applying some make-up onto my face. I started with a little concealer, some foundation, and a light lip color. 

After I finished applying some make-up, I took my hair down from the towel and blow-dried it before putting it up into a bun. 

I walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom, staring at my closet. I was trying to find the perfect thing to wear. I didn't want to dress up into a dress and be overly dressed but I didn't want to undress either.

So I decided on a red, knee-length party dress, black leggings, and black flats. 

I looked into the mirror. I couldn't believe what I saw. For the first time in years, I was trying to impress a man by my appearance. I just hoped he would like what he would see. 

I grabbed my purse and keys and headed out of the door, breathing the cold into my lungs. I could see my breath by how cold it was. 

I got into the car, turning on the heat and blasting it. 

I put Celyn's address into my GPS as I turned on the radio. I sang to Christmas music as I drove off. For the first time in four years, I was in the Christmas spirit. I wasn't sure if Celyn had something to do with it but this year just turned out to be a different year. 

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at Celyn's place. I turned off the car, stepping out into the cool air. I closed the door behind me. 

I walked up to Celyn's door. I hesitated for a moment before balling my hand into a fist, knocking on the door. 

Celyn answered, allowing me inside. 

"Welcome," he said, smiling from ear to ear. "I hope you're hungry. Would you like something to drink?"

I nodded. 

"Wine?" He asked. 

I nodded once more.