Someone You Hate To Love

You danced with your fiancé that your parents had selected for you in the palace ballroom filled with dozens of other nobles, but your mind was everywhere but the present. 

Your mind was reliving the moments between you and your supposed enemy. 

The nasty spats, the looks of hatred and annoyance which slowly turned into curiosity and admiration over time...the forbidden touches that became more warm and eager... 

You were pulled back into reality when your fiancé spoke. "Not enjoying this dance love?"  

"I apologize, I've been quite busy lately and have some issues on my mind-" you began, but all words escaped your mouth as you locked eyes with your real lover. 

They looked you up and down and smirked. 

You wished you could go over there and wipe that malicious look off their face but you were stuck in the arms of another. 

They laughed and faded in with the crowd. 

Your fiancé rolled his eyes. "Look, I know we don't really know each other but why don't we pretend for now? Trust me, I don't want to be dancing with you either." 

"Right. Got it," you said coldly. 

How rude. 

But all anger left your body as soon as you saw your enemy duck behind a door, head popping out to mouth, "Follow me." 

A wink and they were gone. 

Well damn. 

Were you really about to leave your fiancé in the middle of dance alone, to follow someone you hate to love? 

Yes. Yes, you were. 

And as you left to leave, dozens of eyes followed you to the exit, but it was all worth it to see those pair of eyes that you longed for more and more of any given day.