Angst || Sapnap x Reader

angst
[äNG(k)st]
NOUN
a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.
"adolescent angst"

"Their lungs were filled with black smoke like the building they were stuck in.."

"They tried to scream, but to their avail, no sound came from their mouth."

"They felt the warmth of the flames, hugging them.."

"They felt safe, yet in danger."

"Is this what love is like?"

"Love is just like a house fire they'd say."

"It'll be warm and welcoming before the blaze,"

"But stressing and dangerous when a match is lit."

"When the match in your heart has been lit."

It was late at night, and I had just left a party with my two friends, Clay and George

It was late at night, and I had just left a party with my two friends, Clay and George. I asked my significant other, (Y/N), if they wanted to come along, but they said they hadn't been feeling well. I insisted on staying with them, but they told me to, and I quote, "Go have fun with your friends, Nick." and so, I did. As I drive closer to the house, I see.. smoke..?

"The fuck..?" I mumble to myself. As I drive closer, I can see the bright red flames blazing throughout the house. Wait.. that's.. That's my house?! I quickly jump out the car and try to run towards the fire, only to be stopped by a man in a police uniform. What if (Y/N) is in there?!

"Sir, don't come any closer towards the fire, you'll burn yourself." The police officer demanded, grabbing my arm before I could get any closer.

"(Y/N), where are they?! Are they still in there?! Are they oka-" I was quickly cut off by the man,

"Sir, no one was in there that we saw." He responded. But.. they didn't say they were going to leave the house.. In fact, they told me they'd be staying home because they weren't feeling well.. So that must mean..

"They're still in there! You have to save them!" I shouted, starting to feel myself break out in uncontrollable sobs.

"P-please..! You can't-" I was about to finish my sentence, when all of a sudden, I'm cut off by a man yelling from the house.

"I found someone! Get a stretcher!" My eyes widen, hopeful that it's them. To my luck, I see a man carrying (Y/N) out of the house.. they look so pale and so.. Lifeless.. I run over to them, asking the man if they're okay, mentally begging to God, if there is one, that they'd be okay.

Timeskip because I'm in school it's literally the only place I can write without having someone look at what I'm doing

As I'm sitting in the cold, plastic hospital chair, I watch their chest bob up and down painfully slow. I glanced at their beautiful face, which was terrifyingly pale. Moving my chair closer to the bed, I lay my hand on theirs, then put it to my lips, everso lightly kissing it.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there with you.." I whisper, tears brimming the edge of my lower eyelids. But before I could say anymore, I heard that long, agonizing flatline beep coming from their heart monitor. Not fully registering what happened, I just stared at them. Eyes widened, and full of fear. I try to shake them awake, but to no avail. The tears finally start falling, wetting their teal hospital gown, as I pathetically try to wake them up.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), wake up! Please!" I yell, hoping they'd at least give me a small sign they were still there, a small sign that the heart monitor was wrong.

"Baby, please don't leave me! Say something, anything!" I yelled again. I pull up their fragile figure and hug them as tight as possible. Before I could yell more, doctors quickly rush in and pulled them from my arms, and in that very moment, I felt my heart shatter into millions of small pieces, scattered in unfindable places. They were the only one who could fix it, but they were gone. They were really gone.

HAhaA funny thing is i didnt cry making this because i was in class and if i cried everyone would look at my and my anxiety would kill me DSKDFSDFDF also this was kinda butchered? Sorry for taking so long to make this, i was very lazy and/or kept forgetting i had to finish writing this MKFDSM ALSO REQUESTS ARE OPEN SO IF U WANNA REQUEST SUM STUFF MY DMS ARE OPEN also i may not alWAYS respond since wattpad isnt the only thing in my life. ALso i might make part two of this? Only if it gets a good amount of views n shit. It could be like an ending where the heart monitor WAs actually malfunctioning and y/n didnt actually die????????????? Idk but bYE