(4) I F-ed 'Em

Reader POV

Reader POV

I contacted the Suna siblings and my brother.

One of the curses unleashed that day was that when there was a new demonic presence in the world from one of the eight demon kings of Gahenna, the divine ruler of Heaven would send us to deal with it and tell us through pain.

"What do you mean Rintarou isn't in the Vatican right now?!"

"He's resting still," Yukio shrugged.

"Well, he would've recovered by now." I opened a door with a magic key and walked through, seeing the sights of the Vatican.

I closed the door behind me and saw Rintarou.

A lady was talking to him.

"I would marry you," she was saying. "But you're already betrothed."

Huh. I thought he liked me.

I then walked over, making sure they heard me.

"(y/n), it's not-"

"Save it," I shrugged. "What you do is your business. Besides, we're not kids anymore. I'd rather not have kids with you, all offense by the way. I'd rather not waste my time with a kid in this already overpopulated world."

Rintarou relaxed and squeezed the lady's hand. "I will see you later."

She nodded and smirked at me, but I shrugged.

"You can have him," I invited her. "I don't give a flying fuck about his love life."

The brunette left the office and I sat down.

"You felt the attack too?" Rintarou asked me as he sat down and wiped lipstick from his cheek.

I nodded. "Anyone with angelic powers felt it, you dumbass."

"Calm down, it was just a question." He showed me the report I sent him yesterday. "I was reading your report. It is good to know Miya Osamu is settling in nicely."

I frowned at him. "Why do you act so hostile to him, Rintarou? We know him."

"You might, but there's something off about him."

"Yeah, no shit. He's the son of Satan himself."

"No, not just that." He showed me a file. "This was found in his drawers."

I opened it and saw pictures of us in the tower before that fateful day. "So what? He had a crush on me and wanted photos to simp over. Perfectly harmless. In fact, I remember Juvia doing that to that ice mage Gray Fullbuster. You overreact, Rintarou."

"That's because I care for you!"

"Yet you invite other women to your office and kiss them. Hmm, seems a bit off, Rintarou. But hey, who cares?"