(3) The Tower of Heaven

🚨Semi-intense chapter ahead🚨

Double Update!

Reader POV (10 years ago from present time, age 6)

I covered my head as Shinsuke moved in front of me, protecting me from our father's beatings.

"You two are disgraces!" He spat.

"Kirito, stop it!" The maid tried to say, but was killed on the spot.

Our father had loved our mother very much and her death following my birth took a toll on him.

Shinsuke and I were abused by him daily, never failing to go to bed without tears.

But one day when my father was away at the Vatican as he was the high Paladin, I found something locked away.

"What's this?"

We saw the box and it was a hidden part in the wall.

I had by accidentally dismantled something in the fireplace and it opened up to reveal a hidden compartment.

The box was standing upwards and had the seal of a pair of wings protecting it.

"Keiko," Shinsuke read. "That's our mother's name."

I opened it up and saw a sword with a golden handle and my name carved along the brim.

"What's this about?"

We jumped up and saw my father standing in the doorway to the living room, a belt in his hands.

"You fucking brats are always getting your damn noses in places you shouldn't." He walked up to us and picked Shinsuke up by his collar before punching him in the face.

"You two shouldn't have ever been born! Disgraces."

I couldn't move.

I was yelling at my body to move, but I was frozen.

"(y/n)-" Shinsuke choked out, barely able to breathe. He reached a hand out to me as my father punched his face till it was bloody. "R-Run!"

But I knew I couldn't leave my brother there.

"No!" I broke the seal and opened it quickly just as my father threw Shinsuke onto the wall and was coming towards me.

I was about to unsheathe the sword when a strange man with purple hair accompanied by a green hamster with purple eyes appeared.

"If you unsheathe that sword, you'll never be human again," he warned me.

I glared at him and unsheathed it anyway, a huge burst of light making a huge hole in the house and extending out like a bright beacon.

I picked up the sword and stared at my father who was cowering in the golden light.

But another burst of golden light appeared when my brother touched his dagger necklace someone gave him.