Chapter Thirty

"Gab, if you don't mind could you teach me more guitar? I really liked learning it especially with you, you're a brilliant teacher." He smiles. I jump at the opportunity since it would give us an excuse to spend more time together. Once we get to the common room I run up the stairs so I can grab my guitar and come back down as quickly as I can. The other students would be coming back to the common room in a little while.

I use an adult sized guitar even though the actual base of it is a little too big but it works the same and it doesn't really bother me. When I sit down Harry immediately slides closer to me so our knees are touching, I remind him of the chords I taught him last time, when I begin to teach him how to strum he just can't grasp the concept that you don't strum every string for all of the chords. He keeps asking, "Then what's the point of the other strings?" It's hilarious because he is really confused but I'm just laughing at him. No matter how many times I show him he still manages to mess up the D and A minor chords. I grab his hand and use it to strum the strings he is supposed to a few times to introduce him to the motion of it. When I look up I realize he wasn't even looking at the strings. He was looking at me the whole time. I try to act like I didn't notice until he picks the guitar up off of my lap and leans it against the table. Bold move. My mental commentary is interrupted by the strand of hair that had fallen forward being tucked behind my ear accompanied with him pressing his lips against mine. I kiss him back. Obviously, I would be stupid not to. I don't know what to do after we pull away so I stare at him, I probably looks so dimwitted.

"Are you done in here?" Ron asks. We both whip our heads around to see Ron and a bunch of other boys standing at the portrait hole.

"How long were you there?" Harry asks, his face getting more red by the second.

"Long enough." one of the other boys says, making them all laugh. Ron's the only one with a semi straight face still, he punches the other kid in the arm. Although Ron might be on Hermione's side right now, no matter what he will always be on Harry's side. He's a good best friend. Harry and I stand up quickly and walk by them through the portrait hole. We've been trying to keep things just between us but that didn't really help.

We both have a free period next. "I was going to go on a walk around the Black Lake if you want to come." I say. He nods and keeps walking with me. Once we get down to the lake I remember what happened that night when Ginny dared me to jump in. I still can't believe I actually did it knowing there were merpeople.

    "Want to say hi to your friends at the bottom of the lake?" Harry jokes.

    "They are anything but friends to me and you, they nearly killed both of us." I say. Harry's eyes go from me to off in the distance, he squints a little then starts to walk backwards.

    "Go." He says.

    "What? Go where?" I ask. I look out to where he was looking and see not just one but what looks like hundreds of dementors.

"Get out of here!" He yells.

"No I'm not leaving you, there's no way that you could fight all of them." I say.

"Yes I can just please leave, I can't be worrying about you too." He says. I have no choice, he's right. He did it in third year; he can do it now too. I give him a look of worry then start to run back to the castle. The dementors are coming quickly towards him as he gets his wand out. I look back the whole time I run to make sure he is ok. He keeps walking backwards until he trips on a rock or something. His wand is knocked out of his hand, he tries to grab it before it rolls into the water but he's too late. I stop running and look between the water and him. He gets up quickly and runs towards me, I still stand there staring at him in disbelief of what just happened. Without a wand we are defenseless. As he gets up to me he grabs me and turns me around to keep running. The dementors are much faster than us though. I have my wand but it's no use to Harry.

"Gab I need to tell you something." He yells as we run for our lives.

"What?" I yell back.

"We're probably going to die if you don't think of your happiest memory right now, so get thinking." He says. My happiest memory? What's my happiest memory? All of a sudden I can't think of one good thing that happened in my life. What about my first quidditch game, no that's not good enough. Oh I know! How could I not think of this before? I point my wand at the dementors and use a very powerful voice to say.

"Expecto Patronum." To my surprise a white light comes from the tip of my wand, I get distracted and it starts to fade a little.

"Brilliant job!" Harry yells, the light gets brighter than before. The dementors try to come closer to us but they are being held back by the powerful charm. Once they are mostly gone back in the direction of the Forbidden Forest we run again to make sure they can't come near us again. "That was excellent, what did you think of?" Harry asks. I don't want to tell him that I really thought of Christmas Eve so I cover it up by saying my first quidditch game.

————————————————————————
Everyone keeps interrupting🙄✋