Chapter Twelve

The rest of the day goes by as usual. I get the supplies set up to do the project perfectly as if the neatness will impress Harry. He walks in with all his books and sets them down on the table.

"Alright I think we should get this all done tonight so that we won't be stressed." He says. That's surprising considering he barely gets through normal homework.

"Why, what's the special occasion?" I ask.

"Well if you must know, I'm going on a date with Cho tomorrow and she's really smart so I want to finish this and sound smart too." He says. Of course, always trying to impress Cho.

"Harry, don't change who you are for her. If she can't accept you for you then you shouldn't be with her." I say.

"I'm not, it's just more of a first impression type of thing." He says. I don't understand how he could be so clueless.

"Ok we can try to get it all done as long as you actually do your part in completing it." I say. I normally do all of our projects basically myself but I don't really mind.

"Ok I will." He says. He actually does try his best to learn the material this time. It kind of hurts to know he's only doing it to impress Cho though. I'm basically helping their date be even better by teaching him what to say. Once we are about three quarters of the way through the project it's getting really late.

"I think that this is good. We could finish the rest this weekend if that's ok." I say getting up, and gathering my books.

"Thank you so much Gab I really owe you one." He says. I know that all he will be able to talk about tomorrow is his stupid date. Maybe if I actually liked Cho it wouldn't be so hard, well it doesn't really matter because he likes her and not me.

-------------------------------------------------------