17.

One Direction: No Control

"Taste on my tongue, I don't wanna wash away the night before. In the heat where you lay I could stay right here and burn in this all day."

17.

"I got you something today." Jack said as they made their way out of their class.

Jules frowned at him, "What?"

He pulled the bag from his shoulder undoing the zip. "Now I know you will not answer my questions, and I hate that you are hiding this from me." he spoke as he took out another bag, "Jules, I know that someone's hurting you and I hate the fact that you're not telling me anything about it." She faced downwards, not being able to hold his intense gaze. "But I won't push you to answering me, however if I see this one more time, I will have to talk to the police about it."

Her head immediately snapped up to his face, "You don't have the ri-"

"Shut it. You don't have a say in this. Now, coming back to what I got you." He handed the bag to her.

She didn't take it, just skeptically looked at the bag. "What is it?"

"It's make-up. I googled the things you need to hide marks and this is what I got. Now you don't need to wear those god awful shades and mask." He answered, "Now go ahead at take it!"

Jules was beyond touched by this gesture of his. It felt wonderful that someone put so much thought upon her. It did feel unusual too; people normally didn't give two shits about her. But then again she couldn't take it now, could she?

"Jack, this is very nice of you, but I ca-"

"It's an order Jules."

"But I don't want to take it. I'm used to doing things for myse-"

"Then a little bit of change is needed. Now shut up and take it, it's like an advanced birthday gift."

"You don't even know when my birthday is. And I don't know how to put this shit on!" she said in an overly exasperated tone.

"You'll figure it out. Now just take it! I'm getting late for class." He demanded reaching out for her hand and placing the bag on her hand.

Before she knew it Jack was gone and she was left there standing with a tidal wave hitting her mind.

For twenty years, she was living under one simple thought: Humans are selfish, backstabbing, dishonest, and the cruelest species on earth. All they ever want in life is for them to be happy, screw it if everyone else has to suffer, screw everyone who gets hurt on the process. The only thing that runs through them is 'I need to be happy. My needs have to be fulfilled. To hell with everyone else.' They will do anything and everything to get what they want. And here was this boy, she didn't even know of his existence a month ago, they had a really awkward interaction less than twenty-four hours ago, and he was being so kind, so helpful to her. She could never thank Jack enough for what he had done for her.

+ + + + + + + + +

Thursday came pretty soon, and much to Julie's horror she still had to go to that bloody birthday party for Zayn's sister. She'd been looking for an excuse to not go for the past two days, but it was next to impossible. By now she knew that his sister's name was Safaa Malik and she turned twelve today. She got a nice under the budget gift for her the other day and Zayn said he'd pick her up at three. Their place is somewhere in Newhaven, he said it'll take roughly fifteen minutes on his bike.

She was back to the orphanage by two and she was ready by three. Nothing too fancy obviously, just jeans, a simple top and a trench coat Greta gave her on her eighteenth birthday.