14.

Sam Smith: Stay With Me

"Why am I so emotional? No it's not a good look gain some self control."

14.

"What did I tell you the other day about you being slutty?"

Ben's voice was calm... too calm. She gulped still facing her back to him. She could feel her hands trembling gripping her four-poster bed tightly. Her heart-beat was beating erratically just like yesterday when Zayn's lips were touching her skin, but this time it was for different reasons. She closed her eyes trying to pull herself together. She could not let Ben think of her as a weak, scared girl; she would not let him have the pleasure of thinking that he had any effect on her. She would stand tall with broad shoulders and look straight at him in the eye; she would be stubborn and brave and not cower before him. She wouldn't wail in pain or squirm under is ruthless hands, she'd smile through the pain letting him know no matter what he did, he couldn't falter Juliana.

But it wasn't that easy. Her throat felt dry as she felt her eyes tearing up as fear built more and more.

"I need you to look at me when I'm talking to you." His voice was still calm, but this time it was followed by the shutting door.

A tear slipped free from the tight boundaries of the rim of her eye, she quickly wiped it from the back of her hand trying to regain her stance.

Get it together Juliana! You can't be emotional right now!

"I said, look at me!" he yelled this time, making her jump.

She took a deep breath before speaking up, "Who told you that I follow your orders?"

"Do you have any idea how pissed I am at you right now?" she could hear his voice getting closer. She closed her eyes balling her fists even tighter preparing her for whatever was to come. "You bitch! Look at me!" he pulled her by the hair making her fall on the ground with a thump. She winced, but quickly straightened her face not allowing him to notice.

"You didn't just fuck around for an entire night but also had the guts to bring your fuck buddy here!" he grabbed her elbow pulling her up so now she was standing.

"He's not my fuck buddy you jackass, he's my frie-"

Her sentence was stopped when Ben's massive hand slapped across her face. "You do not get to talk back to me!"

+ + + + + + + + +

"Hey Julie!" Zayn called out as he saw her figure walk out of the class. She stopped walking, but didn't turn around. "The cafeteria is this side, c'mon, let's go." He said walking to her.

"I'm not eating here today." She said; her voice monotonous.

"What? Why?"

"Not hungry."

He was now standing right before her. She was wearing big shades and a mask that hid her entire face and her hair was now let down. Little did he know, it was to hide the bruises beside her ear.

"What's up with the look?" he couldn't help but ask.

"I have the flu, so can't take the mask off." she lied.

"And the shades?"

"My head hurts, the light makes it worse." Another lie.

"And why'd you let your hair down?" he was growing a bit suspicious now.

"Too lazy to tie it." She said nonchalantly.

"You look weird."

"Gee, thanks." she sneered.

"You sure you're not lying to me?"

"Yes! Fuck off." She barked before increasing her pace.

Julie was usually snappy, but today she seemed more irritated than usual. A strong possibility wandered over Zayn's mind. He instantly felt guilty and the need to apologise, "It's not about how I behaved at the party, is it?" his question was a bit fearful. "Believe me Julie; I never intended to do it. I swear I was so drunk I did-"

"Not everything has to be about you Zayn! Stop being so fucking conceited!" he stood still, blinking at her, shocked at her outburst. He opened his mouth to say something; nothing came out.

She turned around and started walking away. He needed to stop her; he had to know what was bothering her so much.

He moved quickly grabbing her by the elbow to pull her over.

"Gah!!" she winced quickly pulling away.

His eyes widened, he clearly had hurt her. "What? What happened?" He moved quickly lifting her elbow to inspect over the area.

"Let go!" she shouted pulling her hand away. She couldn't let him see the bruise on her arm. Unacceptable.

"What is up with you?" he asked trying his best to tame the rapidly building anger. He was so annoyed at her. Why did she always have to be so damn secretive! He tried to give her space, he shut up every time he knew she was lying hoping one day, she'd trust him enough. His patience was wearing off.

"Nothing that should concern you." She replied before turning away once again.

He groaned before walking with her, "You can tell me Julie, you can tell me anything. I'll listen. Please, talk to me."

"Zayn, mind your business please. Just leave me alone." She stopped. He couldn't see her eyes, or look at her expression because of the shades and mask, but her voice was wavering. Her voice was weak. "Please... just leave me alone... let me be. I've been doing that my whole life." She sniffed, her body shaking gently with the sob she'd been trying to hold back so badly.

"Hay... I'm here, you can trust me."

Here comes the word, making it's way back again... trust...

"I dunno, I just want to be alone. Please. Your friends must be waiting for you."

Damn it Julie you cannot cry before him! Stop those fucking tears!

"Hey... let go... you're allowed to cry. I'm here." He quickly pulled her against him, hugging her tightly. "Julie," he whispered against her ear "I know you have loads on your plate, I know life's a bit hard on you; but you need to breathe, you need to stop and just let it be for a moment."

He rubbed gentle circles on her back, still holding her close. She didn't cry, this time she was too determined not to. But she let him hold her. She needed it, she needed it quite desperately.

"Julie, someday not too far long in future, I'll be hugging you; I'll hold you so tight, I'll make all your broken pieces stick back together."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I know this one was short, but you gotta give me some credit for updating continuously for three days nonstop.

I might not be updating this regularly from tomorrow since my classes starts from tomorrow. But I won't make you guys wait for long.

Love you to the end of the universe!

Nivi XX