11. Quite Charming

Start from the beginning

'Fine, after dinner, when we get back. There is a gym downstairs, we will do it there.' Xavier finally gave in.

'You will not be fighting.' Michele stated. 'It will be completely unfair.'

'Why would it be unfair?' I asked.

'Xavier is over 6ft. He is muscular, you are not.' Romeo contended.

'It's the skill that will determine the outcome, not the size nor the strength of the person.' I explained. 

'Alessa, he has been training for 13 years. You have not.' Armani warned. Little did they know that I had also been training all my life, I know moves that you wouldn't even expect to see in a marshal arts film.

'Ok.' I bluntly replied.

Just then the rest of the boys came down, including Rico who was sliding down the stairs on his bum. I was the first to walk outside and I saw a shiny black limo parked in front of the fountain, a man, who I presumed was the driver, was standing beside the vehicle in a professional manner.

'There is a limousine outside.' I pointed out.

'Yeah, get in.' Gio said as he walked past me. I walked towards the open door and slid in next to him. Armani got in after and sat on the other side to me, once the car was full, the driver closed the door and got into the front. There was a long row on one side, and on the opposite side there were mirrored seats, the gap between left everyone enough leg room to sit comfortably.

'Have you always lived like this?' I asked Gio once we were out of the gate.

'Ever since I was a baby.' 

'Do you like it?' I pondered.

'It's the only life I have ever known, so yeah I do like it.' He responded. 

'Alessa, how was your life in London?' Michele asked me from the other side.

'It was fine.' I replied with my head bowing down ever so slightly.

'Did your mother treat you well?' He added.

'Yeah.' I lied looking up to find Vincent's hard stare fixed on me.

I was playing with my ring when I saw Vince's stare travel down from my eyes and onto my hand, my other hand was covering my ring slightly so that he couldn't see it but when I did eventually move my other hand, he had a clear view of the signet on my finger. The same one he and Michele wore. I caught Michele staring at my hand too with his head tilted, the others soon caught onto where their elder brothers were staring and followed their gaze to the signet.

'Where did you get this ring?' Michele asked his gaze never leaving my hand.

'I don't know, I have always had it.' I replied.

'Can I have a look at it?' Vincent asked.

I didn't want to take the ring off, so I extended my hand towards him. He gripped my hand lightly and looked from afar at the designs and words engraved onto the gold.

'Sono padri?' Dante questioned. (Is it Fathers?)

'No, è l'anello dei nostri nonni.'  Vincent muttered as he let go of my hand. (No it's our grandfathers ring.)

'Sanno ancora di lei?' Gio asked from beside me. (Do they know about her yet?)

'No, lo scopriranno quando li vedremo.'  Armani replied. (No, they'll find out when we see them)

'Aspetta, non sa l'italiano?' Luca asked. (Wait, she doesn't know Italian?)

'Imparerà la lingua a scuola' Vincent explained, I was quite happy about this because I could get an easy A on my assignments. (She will learn the language in school.)