57. Greatest Enemy

I woke up, I wasn't in my bed. There were noises around me, shuffling and whispers as my pillow moved slightly. How unusual. My head was raised a little bit higher than my neck base, and I blinked quickly before shutting my eyes again.

'Don't wake her up idiota.' I heard someone aggressively whisper. Sounded like Lorenzo.

'It's not my fault she fell asleep on me, I haven't moved my leg in so long it feels dead.' A guy, sounding like Dante, tutted from above me.

We were just watching a movie, I wouldn't have normally fallen asleep. I could still hear the TV characters in the background of the non-hidden shuffling and noise. I don't remember lying down, but I do remember feeling tired due to my early start this morning.

'I'm awake now.' I mumbled, opening my eyes very briefly, to see half of the room had disappeared. It was only Gio, the twins, Xavier and Romeo who had sat down for the movie. I only saw Lorenzo in front of me with his hands on his hips, and I slowly looked up to see Dante causally watching the screen of the unfinished movie. I apologized for falling asleep on him, only to be responded with an unbothered grunt.

'What time is it, I can't feel tired anymore.' I sighed as I saw how awake my brothers seemed. Now awoken, it's a near to impossible task to fall asleep again, especially when it is clearly the middle of the night.

Wait, if it is the time I'm guessing, it must have rolled over to the next day. It may be my birthday. Alright, well, happy birthday to me.

'I need tea.' I got up and straightened my hoodie out, the air conditioning in the house was quite high, and I am thankful for it. 

'No, you mustn't go into the kitchen.' Lorenzo grabbed my hand and pulled me back into him. 'Happy birthday, by the way.' He innocently smiled.

'Right, ok. I need tea.' I groaned and sunk down a little, reliant on his hold, trying to demonstrate my true need for some chamomile. 

'Dante will get you tea.' He gave his twin a suggestive look as he held onto my shoulders.

'You can take that idea, and shove it up your a-'

'Alright, let's not be rude on our sisters birthday.' Lorenzo groaned, pushing me on the sofa then shaking his head at a lazy Dante.

'How old are you again, twelve?' Romeo came down the stairs and looked into the room. 'Happy birthday little sis.' 

'I'm going on a run.' I sighed, trying to excuse myself, and lifted myself of the sofa.

'Not right now. It's midnight.' Xavier joined the group again, wishing me a happy birthday after scolding me slightly.

'I appreciate it, but it's just a normal day. No celebrations.' I held my hand up a little bit, and wrapped my shoulders in a blanket. 

Some sort of an escape, I don't want gifts or cheers, I just want to live this as a normal day and accept the fact that I just aged a little bit.

Right on cue, as if I was being tested in all the wrong ways, the TV was shut off, and it suddenly went quite dark in the room. 

Then I heard Romeo start singing off tune, setting off everyone else's terrible singing. Armani walked in holding a magnificently large decorated cake.

The candles and sparklers practically lit up the room, although this room was one of the smallest in the house, it comfortably fit everyone.

I raised my brows and closed my eyes after I looked behind me to see not one person missing.