Chapter 14 - A Piece of The Past and The Truth

Start from the beginning

Mom: No... If I just... If I could prevent your dad from being so harsh to Atsumu, he might never leave our house in the first place. He'd go home with you and this would... This would never have happened... *crying again*

Osamu: .....

Mom: Samu... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry.....

Osamu: I've told you, Mom... It's not your fault...

Osamu: <I couldn't do it either.....>

Atsumu and Osamu's dad is the CEO of a successful company.

He often goes on a long-business trip abroad and only comes home once every several months.

Their mom, however, is an interpreter and a travel agent.

One day, she was supposed to escort their dad during a business trip but fell ill in the middle of it instead.

Turned out she had a tumor in her stomach that she never knew (she only thought that she was having her regular ulcer).

Their dad ended up bringing her to the hospital, paid all the hospital bills, and even hired the best doctor for her surgery.

Eventually, she got healthy again and they both started dating.

They got married shortly after and settled down in Japan during the twins' childhood.

But after several years, their parents started to go back to their jobs and were rarely at home.

Ever since back then, the twin always took care of each other on their own.

•••••
Some years ago

Dad: *blasts the door aggressively*

Dad: Atsumu, Osamu, what were you fucking thinking?!?!

Atsumu: .....

Osamu: .....

Dad: I got another call from the headmaster, are you purposely trying to ashame me?!?!

Atsumu: .....

Osamu: .....

Dad: ANSWER ME!!! DO YOU HAVE A FUCKING MOUTH?!?!

Osamu: N-No, Dad... I-I mean, Yes, Dad, I mean, no... I mean, yes I have a mouth, but n-

Dad: You fucking idiot!!! *about to slap Osamu*

Atsumu: *catches his hand*

Dad: Don't mess with me *slaps Atsumu's cheek with the back of his hand*

Atsumu: Arghh!! *holds his cheek in pain*

Dad: Don't think I'm done with you!!! *slaps Osamu's cheek*

Osamu: Arghh!!! *holds his cheek in pain*

Mom: Honey, stop it!!! *holds his hand that's about to hit them for the second time*

Dad: Do you have any idea what they did?!?!?

Mom: No, but... Honey-

Dad: They broke a fucking window, AGAIN!!!

Mom: Honey, they are just kids... Kids mess around sometimes...

Dad: I never even got called by the headmaster when I was a kid and these brats have been called five times, five times!!! Do I have to go through this every year??? Do you understand how embarrassing this is?!?! This is what happens when you spoil them too much, they've gotten too free, they're like wild uncontrollable animals!!! I got two sons, two fucking sons but they're all good for nothing!!! All they do is fill their heads with volleyball nonsense!!! How are they gonna take over my company like this??? The whole world is watching our family and you're telling me that they can't even go to school for a full year without breaking something?!?! You better quit volleyball right now or I'll-!!!