Chapter 80

I began walking home with Raiden completely shocked from what had happened today. I don't think I had processed it properly.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Erm. Yeah. Just a bit shocked. They both left me. I suppose I had it coming. I do leave them all the time"
"Ayato spat his dummy out again he'll be fine later and he'll be apologising anytime soon. You'll see."
I nodded and began walking off when Raiden grabbed my hand. I looked up at him and he began to blush slightly. "Taiga, look-"
"-i'm really not in the mood for a deceleration of love Raiden. I just want to sleep."
"Yeah. Sorry. I shouldn't be saying something like that after you broke up with Ayato anyway."
"What makes you think were broken up?"
"He left you? For dead. Twice. You really cant to be with someone like that"
"You're right. Guess not." I looked down at Raiden's hand and held it.
"I don't want a boyfriend, I just want my best friend, will you be that?"
"Yeah, course." He let go of my hand and crouched down.
"What are you doing?"
"Shoulder ride?" He said smiling up at me. I climbed on to his shoulders and sighed.
"Thanks." I said bluntly.
"Anytime. And look, for what it's worth Ayato wasn't good enough for you. Like I said at school, you're out of his league."
"But I'm not in yours"
"Like I said, I'd lower my standards for you because you're fun to be around."
I nodded, still showing vague emotion.
We got to his house and he put me down. I walked inside and sighed.
"I have none of Itori's clothes to lend you for bed. I have a t-shirt that you could borrow." He said smiling.
"Yeah that would be great thanks" I said as he walked off to get it. He handed it to me and pointed at the bathroom for me to get changed and freshen up. I took my clothes off and folded them up before putting his t-shirt on. I pulled my knee high socks as high as they would go and walked out.
"Raiden, I've left my clothes in your bathroom" I shouted pulling the bobble from around my wrist and tying my hair up. He was sat on the couch in a t-shirt and shorts holding my dirty box.
I walked over and opened it. I pulled out the pictures and sighed.
I was a toddler and Hinami was a new born. I was holding her, sat on the bed with Ryo.
I then began to rummage through the box some more. There was my mothers ring, Ryo's necklace and my fathers watch. I put the watch and the ring on and then put the necklace on.
"Bling bling" I said sarcastically.
He scoffed and looked at the watch. "My dad had one just like that" he said smiling.

After I went through the box thoroughly with Raiden by my side, I decided it was time for bed. I slept in Itori's old bed and obviously he slept in his bed. The fact of the mater is I can't sleep. I keep thinking of Kaneki's face when I told him I would help out but i was with these now. And the fact Ayato wanted me dead seemed like those two were as fucked up as me. I decided enough was enough so I snuck out of bed and walked to Raiden's room. I slowly opened the door and the small light coming from the lamp outside his room revealed his angelic looking face. I never realised how good looking he was until now. I smiled a little bit at how cute this was. Seemed like he'd be the one to cheer me up after all. Leaving the door open, I walked to the lamp and turned it off before creeping into Raiden's room. I shut the door and climbed in next to him. It was a single bed so we were quite squashed together, but I didn't mind, the closeness offered a weird sense of stability. He began groaning and then sat up turning his lamp on.
"What are you doing?" He asked rubbing his eyes.
"I couldn't sleep. So I came in here." I said rolling over to face away from him. "Good night." I said awkwardly.
"Do you want a best friend cuddle ?" He said turning the lamp off and lying down on his back. I nodded, not the he could tell and cuddled into his chest.
"Thank you for trying so hard to make me happy." I said quietly.
"No problem." Everything was silent for a moment. "Taiga."
"Yea?"
"Do you ever think about your sister?"
"All the time."
"What about Hinami?"
"I try not to, but it's hard you know."
"How about we go pay her a visit? Go to the 20th ward tomorrow, just me and you, stay in a bed and breakfast and visit Hinami. You could take your panda hood and just tell them you're younger then what you are?"
"Yeah. I'd like that" I said happily.
"You sound happier"
"That's because you make me happier"
He laughed a little bit which made my head bob. "Good night Taiga."
"Night Raiden."