Chapter 88

I woke up and Kaneki was next to me asleep. It was dark but I couldn't go back to sleep so I climbed out of bed. I opened the window and climbed onto the windowsill then onto the roof. I lay down looking up at the stars. Kaneki sat next to me.
"Sorry did I wake you?" I asked sitting up.
"Nope. The window did. But it's fine. It's nice to be here alone, in the quiet."
I lay back down and faced the sky.
"Sorry."
"No. Like I said. It's nice" he said smiling. "One day, I hope to make you my wife. We will grow old and have children of our own. A little girl with long black hair and a little eyepatch and two twin boys with firery hair."
"You've really thought his through haven't you" I said sarcastically.
"Yeah. I have. We'll live in the 20th ward but I'm going to open up a shop but it'll be a safe house for ghouls. We'll be an alliance that protects the innocent."
"We can own a bookstore" I said smiling.
"Yes!!!" He shouted excitedly.
I sat up. "I'm not leaving the clowns." I said facing him.
"I never asked you to. Just be in the aogiri when we need you. Say for instance were raiding a place like last time, help. You saved my life and Ayato's life. We need you. Especially given your ability to heal."
I looked at him awkwardly. "I didn't want you to see that."
"It's fine. You need help. I'll help you"
"No. I don't need help? I'm fine." I countered defensively.
"I didn't mean any harm by it."
"No. You want to change me?" I said standing up. He stood up but I shook my head. "No. I need some space. Don't think about following me."
I jumped off the roof and walked away.
Soon regretting my decision to do so as I was only wearing a flimsy t-shirt.
I was attacked from behind, thrown against a tree. I
Turned around and it was the girlfriend of the man I killed. I laughed and looked at her. "You think bringing a few people will scare me off?" I stood up and dusted myself off. "It's cute I'll give you that."
She held one of her friends back. "We have to be smart about this. She's powerful."
There was her and two other girls, they looked like twins. One had black hair, the other had white hair.
"Leave now!" Kaneki shouted.
He walked over to me. "are you serious. I said don't follow me!"
"Ah. Got your boyfriend looking after you. Well you killed mine!!" The girl shouted.
Kaneki whistled and the other two girls looked at each other an nodded.
"We'll leave if you do" they said in sync.
He looked at me and I nodded so he walked away with them.
"Look. I don't want you to die, but I do." She said activating her kagune. Two short arms out of her back.
I didn't bother activating mine but as soon as she attacked I let her stab me a couple of times watching me heal.
"How did you do that?" She asked.
"I'm special. That's why your boyfriend surrendered himself to me. He knew he was no match. walk away right now." I said calmly.
"Why?"
"I won't hurt you if you walk away. Now go."
She nodded and walked away. So did the two girls and when they had vanished I gave into the pain, collapsing on to the ground. Kaneki ran over and held me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah. I just feel weak." He picked me up bridal style and carried me home.
He put me down on the bed but I sat up.
"Wait. I need a new shirt. This ones dirty" I said looking at him.
He nodded and pulled out a top and handed it to me.
"No. I want you to do it." I said looking up at him.
"Erm Taiga-"
"-look" I said grabbing his hands. I put his hands on the bottom of his shirt. "Now pull" I said looking up. He nodded and pulled my top off. He stood there blushing.
"Why are you embarrassed?" I asked walking towards him, as I did, he walked away.
"Not embarrassed just...shy"
"Don't be." I said cupping his face. I moved away and smiled gently. "Put the t-shirt on"
He nodded and put it on me, untucking my hair from the t-shirt.
"I love you" he said.
"I know" i looked at his shirt. "You've got my blood on you. We gotta get you changed." I said pulling his shirt off, revealing his lean, muscular body.
"Taiga!" he said awkwardly.
"What? You want to have children with me? In order to have children I'll have to see you like this eventually"
He shrugged it off awkwardly and quickly got changed.
We both were lay in bed when I moved closer to him and he moved away.
"What are you doing?" I asked sitting up.
"Taiga I'm just."
"Stop." I said rolling over and sitting on him. "Why does this make you feel awkward." I asked. He began blushing so he attempted to cover his face. I held his hands and shook my head. "Don't cover your face Kaneki." I slowly leaned in and kissed his forehead. "I love you" I said smiling. I let go of his hands and rolled over. "Goodnight kaneki"