Chapter 22

Walking around the street in a hospital gown, no shoes, no coat, but drenched from the rain. I sat on a wet bench. I'm not running away. That's all rize ever did and look where that got her? Jason needs to be taken care of once and for all.

I find the nearest public place that allows me to use a phone.

"Aimi? It's taiga. I have an issue will you be able to come here as soon as possible. It's Hinami."

"I'm leaving right now"

She hung up and I began smiling. As soon as Hinami is out of the way and safe, I can take care of Jason myself.

I barged in through the cafe doors. Kaneki stood up from sitting at a table with Hinami, touka and a few ghouls I hadn't seen before. "Hide went to the hospital to get you" touka said standing up. "Where is he?"

"I don't know. He held off the man and I got out through the window ran here"

Hinami pushed past everyone and hugged me. Moved her away. "Hinami. Aimi Is coming to pick you soon." She pushed me away.

"I'm not going anywhere" she said looking mad. "Everyone treats me like a child. I'm 15 not 11 stop treating me like an idiot. You're only 3 years older then me so why should I be shipped away?"

"Jason nearly killed me. Nearly killed your aunt. He's dangerous" kaneki said walking over.

"I don't care. I'm staying"

"Go and pack" I said looking at Hinami.

"No!" She shouted. "I'm staying right here"

"It's too dangerous. It'll only be for like a week or so. Just until Jason is taken care of" I said softly, trying to calm Hinami down.

"If I go I will never come back" the odd tear ran down Hinamis face.

"You have to go. Just think of it as a weekend away."

"But it's not gonna just be a weekend away is it. It's gonna be a few days now but then when you stir shit again Itll be bye bye Hinami."

"Language! Hinami I haven started anything with anyone. He wants me gone. I have to make sure you're safe before I take care of him. I can't have him use you against me. If it comes to a decision, I'll put you over me any day. I'd die a thousand times over if it meant you'd be safe. Please, please will you just do this for me"

She wiped her face and nodded. "How long am I packing for?" She asked

I smiled. "A week"

She nodded an walked off. Kaneki hugged me. "I think it's best you got out of this and got dry, you're soaked" he said gently moving away and kissing my head. I walked of upstairs and got ready.

I walked downstairs with my hair in a towel and me in a bath robe. Aimi sat at a seat with Hinami. She stood up when she saw me. "I thought we should wait for you until we left"

I nodded. "Yeah. Thankyou." I looked at Hinami. "Come here you"

She ran over an hugged me. "I promise it won't be for long" she nodded. "Jason is too dangerous to be around" I kissed her head. " I love you so much"

I moved away and faked a smile. "You better get off now before I change my mind"

Hinami smiled and walked off with Aimi. "We gotta get out of here Taiga" Touka said throwing me some clothes. I put the clothes on in the bak and sat at the table.

"We all need to devise a plan to get rid of Jason once and for all" I said.

"No. Whilst you were away we nearly lost most of our people saving kaneki last time. If the investigators didn't do regular checks on that place god knows what Jason would've done to you."

"Actually nothing...he wasn't after me." I said looking at kaneki. "He was after you. I got the odd hit for talking out of line but he wouldn't have done half the stuff he did to you to me because he didn't want to hurt me...just you...finish off old buisness"

Kaneki shook his head. "What do we do?"

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm up for putting this guy in his place" Mr Uta said.

Touka agreed along with kaneki and a red haired girl.

"It's too dangerous...we can't all go"

A couple of ghouls agreed. "We'll go...you stay" I said standing up.

They stood up with me. Mr Yoshimura pulled me to one side. "We have a lot in common, you and I. Don't get caught up in the kills because you'll lose yourself. Kaneki didn't give into the pain, he embraced it, that's why he's ruthless, don't be like that."

"I won't..." I reassured him and smiled. "Incase I don't get to thank you for everything you've done for me and Hinami, I'd like to thank you now...so thank you"

"This is not a good bye chat. You will all come back. All of you..safely" I smiled and walked off. Seemed like it was time for a battle....