forty three. sparrow academy

Start from the beginning

Eight looked down to see Akahnitamud crying with black smoke coming out of her body, and the girl quickly let go of Five's hand to go comfort the girl while Vanya was dealing with Harlan.

"Hey... you're alright." Eight mumbled to Akahnitamud, who was still sobbing her heart out. The girl let out a small sigh as she didn't knew how to comfort people; in fact, this was her biggest weakness.

"I need you to calm down, alright? Just take deep breaths. Do it with me, okay?" Eight told Akahnitamud, still slightly weirded out that she was calming the entity that would try to kill her in the future. Eight started to take deep breaths, and Akahnitamud followed so. Soon, the dark smoke started to disappear.

Everything was finally over.

Eight walked out of the room where she carried Akahnitamud since the girl fell asleep after crying. She watched Akahnitamud softly sleep, hoping to god that everything would work out alright in the future.

This Akahnitamud seemed so peaceful; so angelic; so calm. It was lovely to see the spirit that terrorized her act like this. 

The sun was starting to set when Eight walked out of the porch. Somehow, Eight felt really calm. This was the most peaceful she has felt since she and Five arrived in the apocalypse.

Even though the idea of peace was peculiar, Eight loved how it felt.

Taking a seat beside Diego, Eight watched the sun slowly set. Both of them were extremely tired, both physically and mentally. The two of them knew that after this, things wouldn't go back to normal.

"They're gone." Eight suddenly confined in Diego, the sadness that she felt earlier starting to sink in again. Although they knew each other for less than a week, Daniel and June were the first human friends that Eight had made, the first one being Delores.

"I'm sorry about that, by the way. I didn't know they would try to stop her." Diego felt a little guilty, but Eight just shrugged him off. She knew that no matter how it seemed, Diego always had the best intentions.

"Do you think we will see them again?" Eight questioned, placing her forehead down on Diego's shoulder. The last time they were like this was more than a lifeline ago (for her, at least) and Eight missed the feeling of being with her sibling.

"We'll see them again," Diego reassured her, patting her hair. "I'm positive."

They all stood in a circle, done saying our goodbyes to everyone that was left in the timeline. The black snow was starting to disappear, and Eight took one last look at the house.

"Everybody ready?" Five asked, looking at the circle they had formed.

"Let's do it," Luther said. "Yeah."

"Okay," Five said, done setting the right time into the briefcase.

"All right," Diego nodded. He still felt a bit sad about Lila leaving. Grace had always told him as a child when he refused to give up the bird that flew in her room that "If you love it, let it go."

That's exactly what he did. He let Lila go.

"Wait!" Klaus shouted out. They all gave him confused looks as he went and grabbed a cowboy hat, put it on, then came back.

"Fifty bucks and we leave him here," Diego muttered to Five, making Eight give Diego a playful glare.

After seconds of standing up, Five opened up the briefcase.

The seven of them gasped, seeing the familiar sight of the Hargreeves mansion. Everyone except for Five and Eight (who were used to the briefcases by now) felt like they were going to puke.

"What's the date?" Eight questioned, looking at the newspaper on the table. Five quickly snatched it. "April 2nd 2019."

All of them started to celebrate amongst themselves, and their first plan in the future is to find something to drink. Until Diego and Eight spotted a giant painting above the mantelpiece, surprisingly seeing Ben.

"That's supposed to be me and Five." Eight mumbled to Diego, who looked around at the rest of his family.

"Why is there a painting of Ben above the mantelpiece?"

Reginald had suddenly appeared, rolling out of his chair. The rest of them looked in confusion and fear as the man started to walk towards them.

"You're alive.." Luther mumbled.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Reginald fired back.

"Y-yeah. You're right. I'm... I'm just happy that we're home and... together again."

"Home?" Reginald scoffed. "This isn't your home."

"What are you talking about? This is the umbrella academy." Allison stated.

"Wrong again. This is the sparrow academy."

Footsteps were heard from behind them, making the seven of them turn around. A few hidden silhouettes stood infront of the sun, and everyone's eyes widened as a grown, worn out version of Ben appeared infront of them. He seemed less attractive than he was in the old timeline.

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?"

After a few seconds of silence, the newcomers let out a word that they all commonly said whenever they were stuck into situations like this.

"Shit."