thirteen. again?

EDITED SEPTEMBER 14, 2021

Eight watched as realization slowly dawned upon Vanya's features piece by piece. It was as if her final words were all it took to finally complete the puzzle that was going on in her head.

For a moment, she thought that Vanya would immediately stick by them, ask a bunch of questions, but she didn't.

"I need to make a phone call," Vanya mumbled in a rush, running up to the small telephone that was on a nearby counter.

Eight sighed, looking out the window as she waiter for Vanya to do her thing. God knows how long she was stuck at this timeline- her guess was that Vanya had someone special to inform. Say her goodbyes to. Something.

As she looked outside, examining each person that passed by, a particular girl wearing a bunch of robes caught her attention.

Her eyes squinted as she watched the girl stick a poster into a pole. Sure, Eight's eyesight didn't use to be as good as this, but she was in the body of a thirteen-year-old now, and she noticed that the poster she stuck on the pole had a picture of a familiar-looking guy.

Klaus... who looked a bit like Jesus?

"Hey, uh... I'll meet you when I can. I'm finding Klaus." Eight told Five and ran out of the door before he could say anything. Part of her wanted to get away from him as fast as she could to avoid a conversation, and a part of her just decided to bolt once she saw Klaus.

Five sighed, watching out the clear window, seeing Eight rip out the poster from the pole and read what was written inside.

Eight sighed, calling a taxi. It was times like this where she wished that she had Five's powers instead of her crappy ones. As she got in, she quickly recited the address to the man.

In what felt like five minutes, the car halted to a stop. Eight looked outside the window to see a mansion. She looked at it in confusion. The girl had never imagined Klaus living a lifestyle like this, especially from what she had seen from him in the last timeline.

Eight pushed those thoughts back, opening the door. It was locked. "Hey fuckface. Open the door." she snarked. The man didn't do anything, opening his wallet and showing her an ID. He was from the FBI.

Do these people never learn?

"God, you guys are a bunch of fucking idiots. Remember what happened the last time you sent someone to get me? They're all dead. If you don't wanna end up dead like your pathetic friends I suggest you let me go out." Eight warned. The man didn't bulge.

Eight sighed, looking towards the taxi door and flying it open as she walked out of the car. She wasn't in a mood to kill people right now, so she decided to make the car fly several feet away from her, and letting it go so that it would explode somewhere.

Major injuries at most. But at least he wasn't dead.

After finishing her business, Eight rang the doorbell once. Then twice. Realizing that no one was gonna answer her anytime soon, she walked through the side entrance. Her eyes scrunched together in confusion as she heard laughter and some splashes coming from a pool.

"Allison, look!" Klaus exclaimed, pointing at Eight who peeked out of the bushes.

The woman let out a really big smile, jumping out of the pool to give Eight a hug. The smaller girl's eyes widened. "Don't. You're-" Allison hugged her. "Wet."

Klaus emerged from the pool, a giant smile on his face. Eight's eyes widened as he carried her. She started squirming when she caught up on what Klaus was planning. "Klaus! Stop! These are my only cloth-" a shrill scream erupted from the girl as she fell into the pool, her whole body drenching in water.

As Eight resurfaced from the water she let out a whine at the two people in front of her. "Klaus, I don't have any more clothes!"

Klaus rolled his eyes, the smile on his face still evident. "Who cares? I'll buy you new ones after this. That uniform is getting too boring." he giggled, dropping his feet into the water and facing her. Allison did the same thing as they watched the annoyed girl.

"So, Eight? Might wanna catch us up?"

The girl sighed, walking to one of the stairs on the pool. "Well, I kinda have a name now." she started. Klaus' removed his shades, setting it down beside him. "Finally! It better not be Karen or some basic ass name. Come on. Tell us."

To her, a basic ass name would be Jessica, but there was no time to tell him that.

Eight bit the inside of her cheek, contemplating whether or not she'd cut to the chase and tell them about the apocalypse or talk with them for a moment. "Karina." she said proudly, deciding to only tell her name and break the news to them.

"The name suits you so much, Karina." Eight smiled, the feeling of hearing her chosen name still kind of peculiar. "Ben says it's pretty."

Eight sucked in a breath, looking at the space behind Klaus, assuming that Ben was there. "Hi, Ben." she smiled, the memory of their last encounter flooding in her mind. That was what made her remember that she needed to tell them about the apocalypse and not laze around.

"We're all gonna die soon."

The atmosphere quickly shifted. Klaus let out a whine. "Again?"