forty three. sparrow academy

EDITED DECEMBER 20, 2021

Five gasped out, his small body riddled with bullets. All he could feel was the searing pain in his body as he felt a pool of blood starting to flow underneath him. However, he felt awfully scared when he heard Eight whisper something to him before lightly squeezing his hand.

Eight was dead.

Dead...the one person who has always kept him sane...gone.

The Handler stood above him, but he couldn't hear anything coming out of her mouth. The only thing that was on his mind was Eight. He wasn't going to let her die. He just couldn't.

The gun the handler was holding was pointed at his face, but Five's eyes widened as the woman got gunned down. There stood the last Swedish brother who walked over to Five. Lifting his gun, memories of what Reginald had told him started to flood in his mind.

"Maybe your apatite is disproportionate to the size of your ability," Reginald spoke out. "Start small. Seconds, not decades."

Five's hand glowed a vibrant blue as everything started to happen in reverse. Standing up, he rushed to the barn door as everything started to rewind, much like what he used to see when he watched shows on tv. His family stood back up, the Handler went out of the barn. Five glanced over to Eight to see her start to go into the position she was in before, until Five made everything go back to normal.

Eight let out a cough as she watched Five spacial jump into the entrance of the barn. Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, and everything seemed like a deja vu moment. Like everything had already happen before.

Before Eight could think any harder Five disarmed the Handler who walked in with an automatic gun. The woman quickly raised her hands up in defense, now feeling helpless.

"It's true, isn't it?" Lila mumbled, looking towards the woman she once called her mother. "What Five said."

When the Handler couldn't seem to answer, Lila got madder than she already was. "Answer me! Is it true?"

"Well—"

The Handler wasn't able to answer as she was gunned down with bullets. Lila looked in fear as she stared at the dead body up and down before she quickly sprinted for the case.

Luther was about to go catch Lila, but Diego stopped him from going any further.

June's eyes widened, making her sprint towards Lila while Daniel was trailing behind her. The girl was about to convince Lila to stay until Lila opened up the briefcase.

And sucked Daniel and June in with her.

Eight let out a soft gasp when she saw two of her friends disappear with Lila, while Five was still infront of the swedish man with the gun in hand. The tension was extremely high. No one knew if one of them would start shooting at any moment now, and everyone was alert and on their feet.

The air was tense as Five lowered the weapon and dropped it to the ground, holding up his arms, "Enough."  The Swedish man looked at them all, first staring at Allison, then Eight, then at Diego.

"Enough." the man repeated in Swedish, lowering the gun down and leaving the barn.

"They're gone..." Eight mumbled to herself, now feeling really empty. The two friends she made were one of the things that helped her go through her shit when she was confused with her whole situation with Five, and now they were gone.

"Who the hell was that guy?" Klaus asked, and no one answered as they were all still in shock.

"Vanya!" Sissy shouted. "Help!" Eight forgot the reason why they were all here. They all trickled after Vanya into the cellar. The girl kept a tight grip on Five's hand, which he didn't seemed to mind at all.