six. bahamas

EDITED SEPTEMBER 9, 2021

Eight sighed in confusion, slowly pacing around the small room. "Of course he would have been involved in the assassination. I should have known." Diego mumbled from his side.

"No, you're jumping to conclusions. What if he's just... I don't know, there to visit the president?" Eight asked. This was the problem she had with Diego. He always assumed the worst before anyone could think things out, ever since they were kids: granted, she was pretty shitty, but she thought that he outgrew that attitude of his.

"What else is he doing standing on a grassy knoll, holding an open black umbrella on a sunny day in Dallas the exact same moment the president got shot?" he exclaimed, pointing his finger in Eight's face.

"Get that finger away from my face, Diego."

Her tone was low. Threatening. Slowly, he did so, but the frown never left his face.

When she was sure that he was all calmed down, Eight spoke up again. "It doesn't look good, I'll give you that. But you just can't assume shit, Diego. Not before thinking out everything first."

"No, he's the signalman for the whole goddamn thing," Diego stated, ignoring Eight. She let out a groan of annoyance as she sat on the chair, leaving Five to deal with his annoying ass.

"Easy, Diego, seriously." Five was now annoyed as well. Diego was acting like a lunatic.

"No, it makes sense. This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell to the two of you." he paused. "We have to stop Dad from killing the president."

"Diego, shut up. Reginald is an asshole, you and I both know that." Eight slightly flinched at the memories of her and Diego hurting each other because of Reginald when they were younger. How long has it been? Sixty years? "But presidential assassination? That's not his thing. He won't get anything out of that, and you know damn well that Reginald only does things to benefit himself." she argued, spotting Five who was nodding in agreement to her statement.

Diego noticed them ganging upon him. "How would the two of you know? You both skipped out on his golden years."

Eight let out a blank laugh, really not believing Diego right now. He was acting like they went on a fucking vacation to the Bahamas sipping on mojitos when they were starving, nothing to eat, turning deranged as they lost their sanity and talked to a doll.

"Skipped out? We were alone for 45 years, barely surviving." Five inhaled, obviously also trying to calm himself down. "You know what? We don't have the time for this right now. He's clearly in Dallas, right? Let's just go talk to him. Maybe he can help us... I don't know. Fix the timeline."

"Dallas is a big place. We need to find him first."

"No shit, Diego!" Eight exclaimed, standing up. At first, the idea of meeting Diego after almost killing him made her stomach drop, but now that he was here, talking, it was igniting a fire in her. Much like how she felt towards Luther as a child, only way worse. And it's barely been an hour with him.

Every word that was coming out of Diego's mouth was really annoying her at the moment. She walked towards Elliot, with her eyebrows scrunched. "Where's your telephone book?" she asked him.

He pointed his eyes towards a cupboard, and Eight walked towards it, grabbing the book and plopping it in front of Five and Diego.

"Let's start simple. His name." Five told Diego, who was already scrolling through the pages. Eight peeked at the side, watching as Diego let out a curse when he couldn't find a Hargreeves.

"Try his company. D.S Umbrella Manufacturing Co." Five stated from beside him. Diego rolled his eyes, looking at the smaller boy in annoyance. "Yeah. I know the name. Thanks." he mumbled in a sarcastic tone, making Eight annoyed again. He was really doing this right now.

He was acting like a man-child.

"D.S Umbrella.... 82 Olive." he mumbled, looking at Eight. "Let's go."

The three of them walked out of the room, with Elliot still trying to scream from the inside. Deep down, Eight felt a tad bit guilty since Elliot had been pretty nice to her, but she knew that she needed to remove her empathy since this whole situation was much bigger than that.

Diego took notice of him, glancing at him before looking back at Five. "He okay to leave here like that?" he questioned.

"Yeah, he's fine. What about the girl?"

Diego's eyes widened, forgetting that he had Lila with her.

"Shit," he mumbled, going back into the small area to find her.

Five faced Eight. "Are you gonna tell me about what the hell is happening to you?" he questioned, slightly aggravated at the fact that Eight was hiding things from him since she usually never did.

Eight let out a sigh, grabbing both of his hands and holding them. "Look, I know you think that something is wrong, but everything is fine, okay? Akhnitamud is in my body, yes. But it's fine. I can control it now. The FBI are a bunch of wimps and they wont get me, so everything is fine. I'm still kinda wary ever since I found out everything but we'll talk it through once we save the world first, okay?"

Five's breath hitched when he heard that she was wary about them, but decided to push his worries away. They've been together for a shit ton of years, he was positive that they would get through this.

"Okay, love."

A mistake. He couldn't help it. The nickname just came so naturally to him that calling the girl by her name seemed a bit weird at this point.

Eight turned around and let go of his hands, but Five never missed the frown etched on her face.

-
NOTES
this sucked ass i'm sorry