Chapter 16 - Advances

Y/N POV

It's been about 2 weeks since Operation Homework. We successfully captured one EPW and Brian has been classified KIA. Today is the day Rainbow has allowed me to be present for Chelsea's interrogation.

"Where are the Captains?! I know you have the intel!" Caveria shouts, making her point clear to Chelsea.

"I said a thousand times, you skeleton bitch! I won't tell you anything!" Chelsea says. But her face shows anything less than stoicism. Her lips are quivering and her eyes keep darting between Caveria and I.

"A la mierda esto." Caveria mumbles before pulling her knife and pressing against Chelsea's neck. After some whimpering from Chelsea, I place my hand on Caveria's. Both girls look at me, but neither in thankfulness.

"Let me have a crack at it. I grew up with Chelsea, so I may have a little bit of an edge." I say. Caveria loosens her tense face and sighs.

"If you think you can get somewhere, go for it. Just don't get too friendly." She says, removing her knife and sheathing it. She then leans against the wall behind me nearest to the door and crosses her arms. I take the knocked over chair Caveria kicked for intimidation purposes and take a seat in front of Chelsea. I stare at her for a moment, looking at her injuries. Chelsea has multiple bruises and cuts on her face, abdomen, and legs. Trust me, I feel no pity or mercy for her. But I think it's time for a little Good Cop, Bad Cop.

"Chelsea," I begin. Her head hangs down, looking at her lap. But her head still nods, showing she's at least hearing my voice. "you have no friends here. No one here feels any kind of pity for you. But I can help you have a little liberty. Just tell us what we need to know and all of this pain could end. Who knows, I may even be able to give you some better food and drink." Chelsea raised her head slightly at this. Bingo. "How does a cup of coffee sound? I know I sure as hell could use one." I chuckle. She fully raised her head, looking at me with her tired eyes. I had heard sleep deprivation is one of the worst forms of torture, but I didn't think it worked too much on her. This little bit of friendliness could make some progress.

I look at Caveria, who looks a little pissed. She knows I'm making progress, even if it's minor.

"Caveria, please go get two cups of coffee. One black and one...how do you like it, Chelsea?"

"...Two sugars and cream..."

"Yeah, that. Please?" I say with a smile. Caveria silently nods and leaves the room. There are a few moments of silence before I break the ice.

"Alright, it's just you and I now. Let me be straight with you. Your odds aren't looking good. But the intel you could give us might give my superiors some wiggle room for better amenities. You won't get another deal like this. So please, give me something to tell them. I have your best interest at heart, here." After I say this, Chelsea looks as if she's fighting an internal war. After some more silence, Chelsea starts to look me in the eyes.

"I need pen and paper..."

"Good...that's good. When Caveria comes back, I'll make sure you get those materials."

Almost on cue, Caveria comes back with our coffee. She places one cup in front of me and one towards Chelsea. I don't hesitate and begin sipping the delicious beverage. Chelsea stares at her cup for a moment before gripping it with both hands and slowly raises it to her lips. I hear a subtle sip before her eyes light up. She then starts drinking a bit heavier. I smile at her, them switch my gaze to Caveria, who looks at me with a face that says 'I hate you.' before I continue.

"Caveria, please get me pen and paper. Our guest here would like to assist us." She continues to look at me with that face before pulling her Rite-In-The-Rain notepad and a pen from a pouch on her FLC. She puts it in front of Chelsea then resumes her stance against the wall. After a few seconds, Chelsea begins to write. I peek at the pad; seeing names, aliases, addresses, emails, and even descriptions.