Chapter 4 - Recovery

Y/N POV

I woke up the next morning, still laying on the couch. I blink a few times, allowing the sleep to escape my eyes before I noticed a weight on my torso. I pull the blanket off of my chest to see Meru tightly holding onto me and her face buried in my chest. I think back to what she said last night...She really said she loved me...I stare at her for a short while before gently shaking her.

"Meruuuu. It's time to wake up."

"Nnngh. Five more minuuuutes." She complains.

"If you get up now, I'll make you some waffles."

"....hmph." Meru mumbles as she slowly rises away from my chest. She yawns and rubs her eyes, only to see what position she's in.

"...Uh....sorry Y/N...." She says with a slight tinge of red on her face. I pat her head and tell her it's no big deal. She soon gets off of me and takes a seat on the couch. I throw my legs around, placing my feet on the floor and stand before letting out a long stretch.

  "Looks like the orb worked." Meru says. I look at her confused. She touches my face and I brace for a dull pain. But instead of feeling that, I feel....fine. I touch the location where I had a deep gash from Chealea's brass knuckles, only to not feel a single scratch. Meru gives me a sweet smile before explaining.

"As I was saying last night, the orb I gave you was a healing item. It removes minor injuries almost overnight. It looks like it was still active. To be honest, I figured it had a 50/50 chance of actually working." She said with her adorable smile. She was still holding my face and I get a little red from her soft hands holding onto my cheek. She soon lets go.

"A-Anyways, I'm gonna go shower and all that good stuff. I expect delicious waffles when I come out!" She exclaimed as she stands on the couch with her hands on her hips. Appearing to be in a victory pose.

"Yes, my queen. You shall have delicious golden battered treats by the end of your bathing. Your squire shall deem it so!" I joke. She let's out a maniacal laugh and jumps from the couch to the floor and points at me.

"Yes! Make them extra fluffy or off with your head!" She says with a forced English accent. We both laugh as she goes upstairs to do her morning routine. I once again think to what she said last night. I couldn't say I didn't feel the same, but what's this...heavy feeling in my chest? It's like every time I look at her, I can't imagine not being with her. Everything about her is perfect in my eyes. Some may say she should terrify me, seeing as how she's some kind of demon. But I find that term relative. She may not be from this world, but she certainly isn't evil. She's just like me. A kid without a care in the world. I snap myself out of it and make my way to the kitchen to make my 'queen' some breakfast.

Meru POV

As I leave Y/N to go shower, I think about what I said last night. I know he was asleep, but part of me wishes he was faking it and heard every word. Everything about him is perfect. He's just so kind, caring, accepting, and amazing. My demon parents called humans filthy, and while I agree that some are, Y/N certainly isn't. If anything, this family I have is the exception. Without them, I don't know if I would've survived in this world. I turn on the hot water and step inside the shower. The water feels so relaxing on my skin as I lather up and let the soap drip from my body. As I look at myself, I notice something...new. A purple mark below my hips shaped like a heart.

"Oh no..."

Y/N POV

I bring the first three waffles off of the iron as I hear the bathroom door open.

"Your waffles are ready!" I yell to Meru, but I get no response.

"Meru?" I call again, receiving no answer again. That's not good...

I make my way upstairs to see the bathroom door wide open and the water still running. I go inside and turn it off.

'I don't like this at all' I think to myself as I make my way to Meru's room. As I approach the door, I hear Meru.

"No...please, no. I don't want him to fall under the spell." She says in a quiet panic. I hear glass banging together as well as pages turning.

"Meru? Did you hear me?" I call to the door.

"Oh, yeah! Just stay out there. I'll be out in a minute!" She calls back. Now I'm really worried. It sounds like she's worried about something serious.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I try to get Meru to open up, but she's quiet again.

"I'm coming in, hope you're dressed." I tell her. She yelps as I hear her run away from the door. I open it to see....nothing. She's not in here. At least, that's what I thought before the closet door starts rumbling.

"Did I walk in on you naked again?" I joke, only for Meru to reply.

"No...something's wrong Y/N." She says with some sadness in her voice. I look behind me to see an old book opened to a page referring to Succubi. I pick up the book to read its contents.

'Once Succubi reach sexual maturity, they'll receive their first spell. An aphrodisiac marking that is used to bewitch men and start the life force stealing process. Once a male begins intercourse with the Succubi, the mark will glow, releasing pheromones that causes the man to lose all control. After intercourse concludes, the mark will the begin to suck the life force from the male's sperm, resulting in the Succubi getting younger as the male appears to get older-.'

'Huh. So she's a succubus.' I think to myself. I year the closet door slam open as Meru runs out of the room. I give chase, and seeing as I do a lot of running, I quickly catch her. I wrap my hands around her waist and hold her.

"Meru, wait! At least let me explain myself!"

"No! I won't kill you! I don't want you to fall under the spell! You mean too much to me!" She struggles against me, only for us to fall down. I land on top of her, resulting in her being more trapped. I notice she started crying.

"P-Please Y/N *hic*...let me go...I don't want you to *hic* get hurt because of me." She says with tears flowing down like a waterfall. I quickly pick her up and wrap her in a hug. I begin petting her hair as I think of something to say.

"Meru, you're my family. And family will stick together, no matter what. So what if this mark is used to steal a man's life? I'll just resist it. For you, I'd do anything. It may be difficult at first, but we'll get through this. Because I won't abandon you. So please, don't abandon me." I assure her, grabbing her tighter. She grabs the fabric around my chest as she cries harder. It broke my heart to hear her cry like this again, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep her by my side. If it means she won't disappear, resisting this mark will be nothing.

3rd POV

Little did either of them know, there were side notes along with the article for the Succubus aphrodisiac effect. They read as such.

'While this spell is powerful, some magical items, such as a resist magic ring or a potion will nullify the spell. There has only ever been one instance where a man has resisted the spell without items it potions, and some sources say he felt true love for the Succubi that he was with.'

The two stayed on the ground together for a while, not realizing this fact. And they never will. Meru knew she was defective, but she didn't want to risk hurting the one she loved the most. Y/N's resolve grew to keep Meru close to him by all means.

"It appears as though they're feelings grew for each other. It's good to see the man you've grown into." A man says from beyond the living plain. He looks back to the family he left behind, before deciding his work was done. He walks towards a light, taking one last look at the boy.

"Take care of her, son. She really is the one for you." He said before crossing the threshold.

_________________________________________

A/N This was a short chapter, but I think it was much needed to bring these two crazy kids closer. I hope it doesn't disappoint! I may release the next chapter today or tomorrow. I'm not sure. Anyways, I love you guys!