Panic

This is by Innocent heart2 in fanfiction.net

TW// suicide baiting, cutting, and panic attacks.

Locating Multiverse... Multiverse Found! You are now watching; Panic

“Why are they all sad, Lemillion-san?” Eri asked Mirio. The man didn't know how to answer that.

Help.

Even after all this time, he still needed help. It felt like a betrayal to ask for it now though. He had finally been given a chance to stand equal with all those he had admired for so long; given a Quirk of his own from the one who stood above them all; had friends for the first time since he was four. Most of all, he was still alive despite everything the world threw at him. He knew that he shouldn't have asked for anything more.

And yet...

**** **********, age 16, was found dead outside of their high school by several students early this afternoon. They are thought to have committed suicide by jumping off the roof of their school. According to some of their classmates, ********* was often the target of bullying due to them being Quirkless-

“Oh no,” Toshinori's heart dropped. He had a feeling where this is going.

Izuku's hand tightened around the towel on his neck. He had gone out for an evening run and when he had arrived back at the dorms, all his fellow students were enraptured by the newscast blaring across the tv screen. Several had looks of horror. Others looked visibly uncomfortable with the subject matter. One pointedly avoided looking at the tv, his own fists clenched as he tried to ignore the happenings around him. The freckled face boy stared at his classmates in horror but for different reasons, his mind racing with sudden questions he was not prepared for:

Had any of them ever treated someone without a quirk like Kacchan had?

“What?” Dekusquad are beginning to feel anger.

What did his friends think of the Quirkless?

What would his friends think of him?

Would his death have affected them the same?

“Oh my god,” Some gasped at the negative thinking of the certified sunshine of 1-A.

That last thought startled Izuku out of his thoughts. His throat clenched even as his breaths quickened to a frantic pace. He could feel his heart pound, trying to burst through his chest. His vision blurred as the first tears slid down his cheeks. No, he couldn't break down here. Someone would surely take notice and draw the others' attention. Then what would he do? They would all turn on him the moment they learned he used to be Quirkless, right? Even if they didn't, the inevitable change in how they would view him would destroy him. So, without a second thought, he fled to his room, unconsciously activating his Full Cowl. He flung his door shut behind him, not caring when instead of shutting it blew through the frame and whipped around on its hinge to put a dent on the hall wall. The thought that someone might walk in to see him in this state never crossed his mind. He was far too frantic to care as he ripped the drawer of his desk open. Pencils and papers alike flew out, scattering around the typically tidy room as he searched for a very specific bottle. Tucked away far in the back, he found it as his chest started to tighten, much like his throat.