Chapter Seven: I'm Sorry

Katelyn sniffled as she tried to escape from her bindings, she didn’t care if she drew blood only that she got herself out of this bless; she blinked trying to get the tears from her eyes since they were blaring her vision.

Katelyn could only guess what Daniel had paid Benjamin to do for her, she didn’t want to die and she cursed herself for believing that she could go back to her old life.

Hearing the sounds of footsteps coming towards where she was, Katelyn started fighting hard to get free; she wasn’t going to die without a fight and she had to find a way out of here.

The door to her prison opened and Katelyn braced herself for the worst until she saw who it was, she swallowed knowing that she was in so much trouble right now.

“And you thought you had it bad with us,” Sergio said gruffly, he stared at Katelyn knowing that Iker had sent him to retrieve her; he had a feeling that her eyes had truly been opened to the mess that her father had caused.

The Sevillian had no intentions of leaving Katelyn here, he had orders to take her back to the house; it would be up to Iker what would happened to her now.

It was clear that Daniel had no interest in his daughter, he had left her in the hands of the assassin and Sergio doubted she would be any use for the gang now.

“Let’s get you out of here,” Sergio muttered wondering what they were going to do now, Katelyn was dead weight if she wasn’t going to be able to help them make Daniel suffer; he pulled out his knife doubting that Benjamin would have used easily knots.

“I’m sorry,” Katelyn whispered looking down at her feet, Sergio had every right to be angry with her; she had hit him over the head with a lamp and now he was here rescuing her.

Sergio didn’t say a word as he cut Katelyn free, he hadn’t expected anything less from the woman that had been raised by Daniel; he didn’t trust her and he never would think that she would be worth all of this trouble.

Katelyn peeked up at Sergio, she had no idea why he was risking her life for her; she swallowed wishing that she could go back twenty-four hours and realise just how easy she’d had it before.

“I’m really sorry,” Katelyn repeated, she didn’t know what else to say and she doubted that it would be long before they would be back before Iker; she could only imagine what the crime boss would do with her now.

“We’ll deal with this back at the house,” Sergio muttered wishing that he had been harder on her, he had trusted her not to mess things up and she had done it anyway; he hoped Iker would do away with her when they got back to the house since she was useless to them now.

Katelyn was quiet as Sergio pulled her to her feet, she followed after him ignoring the grip on her arm that he had; she had nowhere else to go and she knew better than to fight him now.

Sergio lead Katelyn out of the run down house, Benjamin was dead so that he couldn’t stop them and he doubted that Daniel would be coming back to check if Katelyn had been murdered.

***

“I’m so sorry,” Katelyn whispered sitting in Iker’s office, she knew that this was a mess and she wished that she had some way of repairing the damage that she had done; she peeked up at Iker who was staring at her from behind his desk.

Iker pinched his nose, he had no idea what to do with Katelyn now and he knew that he couldn’t just let her walk back out of here; she posed a problem that he didn’t wish to have.

Sergio stood silently by the door, he couldn’t believe that they were now stuck with Katelyn until Iker decided what to do with her.

Katelyn opened her mouth to say something before she saw the look that Iker was shooting her, she had apologised so many times and she knew her words counted for little now.

“I just wanted to go home,” Katelyn whimpered, the thought seemed stupid now especially since Daniel had left her to die at the hands of some assassin; she had no idea how her life had become like this and she knew that there was no going back now.

Sergio scoffed, it wasn’t like they had tried to rape her or had attacked her; she’d had no reason to think that they were going to hurt her when she had been held in their basement bedroom.

“I’m at a loss with what to do with you,” Iker revealed not wanting to really deal with this now, Katelyn had caused him so many problems and he was still trying to cover up her escape; he could only imagine what her father planned to do now.

“I could send you to America… I’m sure Beckman would have a use for you,” Iker mused knowing that David was looking for help, he would have to speak with his friend hoping that he would take the blonde off his hands.

Sergio smirked knowing what David would have Katelyn do, he ran a lot of strip-joints and bars which would keep her busy and she would earn her keep; David wouldn’t take any nonsense from anyone.

“I could help,” Katelyn blurted out, she didn’t want to be shipped off to America and she had to find some way to repay the two men for what they had done.

Katelyn licked her lips as her mind thought about her time working for Daniel’s company, she was privy to a lot of things most employees weren’t and Iker wanted to take him down.

“You help us… what could you do?” Sergio scoffed crossing his arms, he knew what she was trying to do and he hoped that Iker wasn’t going to listen to her; they had to wash their hands of Katelyn before she brought more trouble into their lives.

Iker raised an eyebrow at Katelyn, he wasn’t sure where she was going with this but he would listen; he had a feeling that she was going to make this interesting.

“He has foreign accounts, he deposits money there twice a month,” Katelyn revealed hoping that they would let her stay, she had been good at her job and it wouldn’t take her long to find the account details; she wanted to make up for the mess that she had caused when she had run away.

Sergio frowned peeking at Iker, they hadn’t known this and they had been doing research for months before they had abducted Katelyn; he doubted that the blonde was being honest.

“How much?” Iker asked leaning back in his chair, his brown eyes watching Katelyn curious about what else she knew about her father’s company that could be useful; he wasn’t going to let the man get away with this.

Gabriel Fernández had called him earlier to inform him that Daniel planned to cause trouble between their two gangs; the Los Merengues and the Los Rojiblancos didn’t want a war breaking out.

“Millions in about three or four accounts,” Katelyn replied nervously, she had stumbled across this months ago and had kept quiet because he was her father now she didn’t see Daniel as anything but a sperm-donor.

Iker was silent for a moment, his mind wondering just how much actually lay in all of the accounts; he had a feeling that it would be more than enough to cover what money Daniel owed him.

“You’ll remain here until we have our hands on that money, then you will be sent to America,” Iker concluded getting to his feet, he looked at Sergio doubting that his friend would be pleased with his decision; he was going to be keeping an extra close eye on Katelyn now.