Chapter Forty-One: Dangerous Measures

Katelyn smiled as she watched Carmen with Sansa, she was glad that she was staying with Iker's parents since she wasn't that far away from her husbands in case anything went wrong. 

Katelyn sipped on her coffee, she hadn't really seen or heard from either of them since Iker had dropped her off and she was worried that something big was going to happen and she wouldn't know about it. 

Katelyn had been with Iker's parents for nearly two weeks and she hated that she didn't know what was going on; she leant back against the counter and tried not to worry too much. 

Katelyn was sure that Iker and Sergio were looking out for one another, she didn't want to lose either of her husbands and Sansa needed her fathers; they all just had to wait and see what was going to happen. 

The sound of her mobile ringing made Katelyn smile, she moved to answer it leaving Carmen in the kitchen with Sansa; they were home alone since José Luis had gone out and it was pretty quiet. 

"Hola?" Katelyn said answering her phone, she hoped that it was Iker or Sergio and she knew that she was wrong to get her hopes up; they were probably busy but she couldn't help but hope that it was them. 

Katelyn brushed some hair from her face, she was a little concerned at the silence for a moment before someone chuckled at the other end of the phone. 

"Hola Katelyn. I am sure you know who this is," replied the voice, it made Katelyn's blood run cold and she didn't know how he had gotten her number; she wasn't sure what to do and she knew that she had to be careful with what she was saying. 

Mourinho was still on the loose and Katelyn was worried about why he would be calling her when he was at war with her husbands; she slowly shut the door that separated her from the kitchen so that Carmen couldn't hear what was going on.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't hang up," Katelyn hissed trying not to attract any attention, she didn't want to worry Carmen who was in the other room with Sansa; she wanted to keep them safe for as long as possible. 

Mourinho chuckled knowing that he had Katelyn right where he wanted her, she would do whatever he wanted if he just pressed the right buttons; she would do whatever he asked. 

"Now, now... you wouldn't want to cause the deaths of your dead husbands would you?" Mourinho teased, he leant back in his chair and stared at the monitors that showed him the apartment where Iker and Sergio lived. 

Katelyn grabbed onto the couch as she took a deep breath, she didn't like this and she knew that this couldn't end well; she had to listen to what he had to say if she wanted to save Iker and Sergio. 

"What is it you want?" Katelyn asked defeated, she moved to sit down knowing that she would do anything to protect her family; even if it meant risking her own life, she had learnt a lot from her time with Sofia and she knew the other blonde would do the same. 

"Can you escape your baby sitter?" Mourinho asked, he wasn't stupid and he knew that Iker would never leave Katelyn completely unprotected; he wanted her to be alone when she came to him at his location. 

Katelyn took a deep breath, she knew that Iker and Sergio had someone watching the house but she was sure that she would be able to get rid of them if it meant saving their lives. 

"I can," Katelyn confirmed with a nod of her head, she was already starting to plan what she would do; she would do anything to keep her family safe and she hoped that this worked.

Mourinho smiled, he knew that he was making the right decision in reaching out to the blonde; he regretted it that this would more than likely end her life, she would have been a good assistant for him.