【04: Blue Eyes and Starry Skies】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 4: Blue Eyes and Starry Skies   」

Lia heard a little girl's voice of distress echo throughout the room. Where the fuck was she? Various strangers littered around her as she looked around. They looked like W.C.K.D soldiers. Armed and ready to attack. 

What the hell was happening? 

"Where are we going, mommy?"  

Turning around, Lia finds a little blonde girl who looked about the age of six. A woman clad in a white lab coat kneeled to the girl's height. Lia noted that they resembled each other. Lia feels her head spin, closing her eyes for a moment. 

As soon as she opened them, she's surprised to find that she had replaced the little girl from before. Lia felt smaller now. Looking up to see the women from before now up close. This was her mother—this was Lillian. 

"We're going somewhere safe, sweetheart."  Her mother tells her, gently stroking the strands that framed Lia's face. 

"But what about dad?"  She hears herself ask. Her younger self sounded terrified, so innocent. From the corner, the armored men could be seen picking up someone she couldn't see. Whoever this person was seemed compliant. Letting the guards take him out of the room. 

"Shhh..." Lillian pulls her head to her chest before Lia could get a quick look, as if to hide her from the world "He'll be fine, Catherine..."

A bright fills her vision, causing her to shut her eyes once again. Feeling her head spin once more as a new scene began to unfold before her. 

Once again she had no idea where she was. She was walking in a hallway. The fluorescent lights that lit the path made her eyes squint. For some reason, she had an uneasy feeling in her stomach. She could hear the clicking of someone's heels beside her. 

"Lia, come on. It's alright."  The blonde girl looks up to find Ava Paige. She looked a little younger now and taller too—or maybe Lia was just small. The now seven-year-old's eyes then shift towards their entwined hands. Her hand was tiny against her former Chancellor's. 

"But my name's not..." She began to speak only for Ava to cut her off. 

"Hush, Lia." Dr. Ava Paige reprimanded, squeezing the little girl's hand. "We'll talk about this later."