【01: The Rescue Mission】

⫸ Metanoia: The Death Cure ⫷

「 Chapter 1: The Rescue Mission 」

Minho.

That's what occupied most of Lia's mind as she strapped on some fingerless gloves. They were going to get Minho back. One way or another. They just had to. They waited six months for this moment to come. Planning, routing, searching. It was all going to be worth it once they get him back.

"We're late." The blonde stated to the two men seated in front of her.

On the passenger's seat was Thomas, preparing his gear for the mission as Vince drove the jeep towards the train tracks where their friend was been transported on. "Jorge's going to be pissed."

"He'll be fine." Thomas told her, a twitch on his lips. 

It was almost awkward. Well, everything between now and last few months have been awkward for the two ever since they had decided to call things off in regards to their relationship.

Lia could only purse her lips, eyes reverting back to her gear as she double checked her ammo. They hadn't been talking much either. Not like they used to.

Without hearing any response from the blonde, Thomas cleared his throat before grabbing the radio from the dashboard. He could see the W.C.K.D train appearing close and closer as they drove. 

Pressing his mouth close to the speaker, Thomas's voice spoke. "Brenda, we're coming up behind. Keep 'em busy."

Lia took a deep breath, holding on to the car's hood as Vince increased the vehicle's speed

Lia took a deep breath, holding on to the car's hood as Vince increased the vehicle's speed. The ride becoming rougher as they neared the railway. The girl was beginning to hate this situation. There wasn't even a back seat that would keep her steady—and the fact that Vince wouldn't let her drive the jeep.

"This is crazy Thomas!" The man exclaimed, his way onto the tracks.

Observing the ground, Lia noted the pile of rocks that had been rumbling under the car tires. It wasn't a good sign. Her heart was beating against her chest as she watched Thomas move his way toward the hood of the car. He held the industrial hook attached to the rope connected to the car.