s i x t y - s i x

Start from the beginning

"I have something for you," he whispered. Your eyebrows raised.

"Oh?" He nodded. "I heard-- what is it?"

"Well, you see--" he paused and you smiled. He let out a sigh.

"I have something for you too," you said. "So hurry." He smiled and ran a hand through his hair. And then he wiped it off on his sweats. You smiled, arms crossed.

"You look pretty today--"

"Gray!"

"Well, I love you," he said. You let out a small laugh and shook your head. "And, we're very good right now, you know?"

"We are?"

"You know, like before when we first got married." Your eyebrows raised. "We messed it all up."

"Well--"

"We did it all in the wrong order," he explained. He sighed and you tilted your head. "We got married and then we got to know each other and then we fell in love and then we had sex--"

"Gray!"

"--and then after that we got pregnant and then we finally went on our honeymoon and then we almost got a divorce and then we lost our baby and it's all in the wrong order." You smiled.

"That's okay," you whispered. "We're together now and that's all that matters okay?" he nodded and slipped his hand into his pocket.

"I know," he said. "But everything was messed up before too- you liked E and not me and I didn't like you like that and then I did and then you didn't like me so then I stopped liking you--"

"Gray, what are you saying?"

"Basically," he said. "Okay, now that I think about it this is stupid--"

"Grayson!"

"Well, I never proposed to you," he said softly. "You know, I never, like, got excited or anything and I never got you like a lovely ring-"

"It was lovely," you said. "And then I lost it--"

"Okay, it was nice but not like, something like, you know, sweetheart like--"

"Yeah, yeah," you said. He sighed. "So...?"

"Oh, this is so dumb," he mumbled. He got down on one knee and you laughed, head thrown back as he pulled out a small box from his pocket. You smiled as you took a step back.

A few people in the halls started cheering as you stuck your hand out. You laughed too, shaking your head as he stood and hugged you. You looked at the ring and smiled. It was so pretty-- you definitely liked it more than the last one.

"Thank you," you laughed again, to everyone who was clapping. You hugged Gray back and squeezed around his waist.

"They're already married!" Ethan shouted. You smiled into Gray's shoulder and shook your head. "Try not to lose this one, y/n."

"Daddy, stop it!" Elle mumbled, hitting his leg, You pulled away from the hug a little and leaned up to kiss him Gray.

"That was cute, thank you," you whispered. He chuckled and you kissed again. "That was better than whatever we did last time."

"I'm pretty sure I just handed it to you." You rolled your eyes and he sighed. "Now everything is perfect," he mumbled. "A little out of order but our relationship is complete."

You let one hand leave him to go behind you and you reached into your back pocket, the slim slit in your skirt that you'd been so thankful for. "Well, my surprise now," you whispered. He smiled and pulled away a little as you brought the stick up.

You watched his eyes widen as he took the test into his hands to look at. "Really?" he asked. You nodded. "For real, you're--"

"It took four tests for the second line to be that clea--" He kissed you and you grabbed the sides of his wet sweatshirt. "But I'm positive it's positive."

"Thank you," he whispered. You smiled as you pulled away. You saw Ethan and Elle walk past you from the corner of your eye and turned your attention back to Gray.

"Why are you thanking me?" you asked. He shrugged and wrapped his arms around you. You let your head lean against his chest for a moment.

"I don't know, for marrying me, being mine, carrying my baby, etcetera, etcetera." You laughed and reached up to kiss his cheek. You took his hand with a new ring on your finger and you began to walk back towards e/w's room. "You know, loving me and shit." You looked up at him.

"Of course I love you, stupid," you whispered. He chuckled.

"And I love you."