s i x t y

(y/n pov)

You and Gray started and clapped half-heartedly as Ethan and e/w kissed, holding each other before picking up Elle to explain the news to her.

"What the fu--"

"I-- I don--"

"Dude!" Ethan yelled. "A boy, man--"

Gray gave him a smile and they hugged before letting go. E/W was talking to your mother and you turned away from the scene, your heart racing.

"Y/N?" E asked. "Everything okay?" You turned back around and gave him a small side hug.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you guys," you said with a smile. He chuckled and walked off. You looked up at Gray.

"Did you take it off this morning?" he asked, leaning towards you. "Maybe before we showered--"

"No, no Gray, I never take it off-- I'm going to cry--"

"Hey, hold on-- we'll find it," he said quickly. "Sh, hey, okay-- wait--"

"I was right!" e/w screamed, holding Elle on her hip. "A boy!" She was practically in tears as she walked over.

"Baby!" Elle yelled. "Brother, y/nn?"

"Mhm, isn't that so exci--" you stopped as you remembered. Elle paid no mind to this and turned, pointing.

"Grandma, mama?"

"Mhm let's head over." You gave them both a wave and they waddled away towards Lisa. You looked up at Gray as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Oh, Gray--"

"Should we go home, maybe you did take it off while washing your fa--"

"I didn't Gray-- I gave-- I gave it to Elle at the dol-"

"What-"

"To-- to play with, and I forgot-- I forgot to take it back," you whispered, breathing hard, as you grabbed the front of his shirt, holding it tightly as you looked up at him. The hands he had on your arms loosened.

"She-- does she still have it?" You shrugged and looked over at her, sitting on Ethan's shoulders, tugging at his hair.

"I don't think so," you whispered, looking down at your bare hand. You'd been wearing your wedding band on your left-hand ring finger, where it's supposed to go, and your engagement ring on your right-hand ring finger. He took your hand and squeezed.

"We'll find it-- I'll check my car, okay?"

"Okay." He kissed you gently and left quickly. You turned back to back yard with a sigh. Ethan approached you, Elle on his shoulders, a cupcake in hand. "Oh, thank you," you sighed, taking it.

"Where'd Gray go?" he asked, looking around as he kept one hand up on Elle's knee to make sure she stayed up.

"He went to his car," you said with a nod. E nodded and let out a long sigh.

"A boy," he murmured. You smiled a little, playing with your hands in front of you, the cupcake's icing getting on your fingers.

"Mhm." He grinned at you and Elle pulled at his hair.

"Ow--"

"Daddy, get 'nother cake?" she asked. E sighed. "Please, daddy?"

"We've had four cupcakes, princess," he hissed, head tilted back as he looked up at her. "That's three more than what mama said we could have!"

"But, please daddy?" she asked. You smiled watching her lean down to peck his head. E sighed. "Please, please?"

"Fine-- fine, one more," he mumbled. You waved to them and once again you were left alone. You looked around and decided to head to Gray to see if he'd found it. But you had a good feeling he hadn't.