t h i r t y - f i v e

AN// thank you all sososo much for 10k :) i know this book isn't doing as well as my others but its also super cool to just have a small portion of you guys on here who consistently read. i love you all so hecking much you have no idea <3

(y/n pov)

You paced around the kitchen, worried.

You called him again-- only for it to go straight to voicemail. You thought about trying Ethan. No, bad idea. E/W?

"Gray?" she asked. "Isn't he still at-- Elle, honey, let go of my hair-- sorry, y/n, I have no idea."

"Is-- is Ethan home?" you asked.

"Yeah, he got home about an hour ago?" You swallowed, tugging at your hair. "Just call him?"

"He's not picking up," you said. E/W sighed.

"He's probably driving," she said, reassuring you. "I'll ask E once he gets out of the shower, okay?" You hummed.

"Yeah, yeah," you said. "Thank you."

"He's fine, y/n, you're worrying too much, okay?" she asked with a little laugh. You tried to smile.

"Yeah."

You tried Lisa next. "Hey-- y/n?" you heard. Oh right, it was probably later for her.

"Hey, Lisa," you whispered.

"What's up, honey?"

"Uh-- I'm just, I'm just worried because Gray's not home yet and it's getting really late," you said quickly.

It was silent on her end before she laughed. Your eyebrows bunched up. "He's just at work, y/n," she said. You sighed, twirling your hair in your fingers.

"He-- he's not answering the phone, though," you said. She sighed, clearly still smiling.

"Then he's driving home," she said. You sighed, not reassured in any way.

"But he would've answered from the car," you whispered. "He always does-- I'm just worr--"

"Hey," she said with a laugh. "Just call work?" she asked. You frowned, this not having crossed your mind before.

"Oh."

"They said they'd have later meetings, didn't they?" she asked. You nodded, even though she couldn't see you.

"But E's already home, so I just--"

"Calm down, y/n," she said with a laugh. "He's okay."

You called wakeheart and nope-- the lady who answered told you he'd left a little while ago, at the same as Ethan. E/W never called you back and you felt stupid calling again, asking if E was out of the shower. And so?

You sat and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

It was almost midnight now, and still no word from Gray. And finally? Ten minutes to midnight?

The front door's lock was being fumbled with.

You shot up from your spot on the couch before running straight for the door just as he opened it and let himself in. "Hey--" he began, but you cut him off, throwing your arms around his neck.

He chuckled softly, an arm wrapping around your waist as the other closed the front door. "What the fuck?" you asked, crying a little.

"Hey, what's wrong--"

"What's wrong?" you asked. He laughed as he wiped at your tears. "It's almost midnight, Grayson, where've you been?" He smiled, kissing you on the cheek as he walked in, carrying the boxes he'd brought in.