t w e n t y - e i g h t

AN// hi guys!! i just recently published a short story book and it would mean the world if you could go check it out :) i've got two up so far <3 i hope you like this chapter its a little bit of a filler but that's okay xx

(y/n pov)

"You know what, I just might be becoming a morning person," you said, stretching with Gray this time. He laughed.

"Nah, I don't think so." You rolled your eyes and he rolled out his shoulders before tilting his head. "Wanna go another way this time?" he asked. You smiled.

"Sure, lead the way." You began walking with him. "The sun isn't even up yet, it's still dark."

"When we get there, it'll probably just be rising so it'll be perfect." You smiled as you breathed in the morning air. You passed by Ethan's house and you glanced at it. "I'm gonna redo their fences," he said. You looked up.

"Their fences?" He nodded. "Wow, look at you go."

"I'm excited; I've never done things like that before." You smiled. "By the way-- your desk? Just needs to be stained." You smiled.

"Can't wait." He rolled his eyes.

"Don't lie-- you don't even care." You laughed, shaking your head.

"I am!" you defended. "I bet it looks great, with all your little shelves." He clapped.

"They look great-- but you can't see it yet." You smiled. "But yeah-- because apparently, Cam's baby shower's at E's place now? So he wants everything to look nice."

"They're hosting?" Gray nodded. "So we won't have to fly out to Jersey after all, then." He nodded.

"Yeah, everyone's flying here." You smiled. "So, I'm getting wood tonight and getting started."

"When's the babyshower?"

"Week after the next." You nodded. "Careful-- log." You took his hand and stepped over it. You were in a woodsy area today, and it was true-- everything they said about trees. Your mind was almost instantly clear. "I do want to go back to New Jersey soon, though." You nodded, agreeing with him.

"Yeah, my parents wanted to see us." He raised his eyebrows. "Mhm, so there's that-- and also, I might have to go to another thing for work."

"Yeah?" You sighed, nodding. "What for?"

"They're changing some stuff up-- I know I have a meeting in a few weeks over zoom, but I have a feeling there'll be one in person that I might have to go to." He nodded, hands in his pockets as he kicked a rock.

"Let me know when that is and we can just go then." You nodded. "This is so nice," he whispered after some time of silence.

"Walking?" He nodded. "Yeah, I think so too."

"It's so quiet- it's like the world is asleep." He smiled to himself. "It's nice to come alone too, when you listen to music and stuff, it's really, really, peaceful." You smiled.

"Then why'd you ask me to come?" you asked, staring at the sunrise. It was beautiful. You felt him press a kiss to your cheek, lips lingering a little longer than usual as he pulled away.

"Because it's ten times better with you."

---

"I told you," you sighed, staring at his bruising thumb. He shrugged as you iced it. "I told you a gazillion times not to go."

"We skateboard all the time, y/n, it's fine." You shook your head, staring at his bruise. "I also scraped my kn--"

"Grayson!" He laughed a little as you pushed up his shorts. "Oh frick, we have to clean this-- Gray you're bleeding!"