s i x t y - s i x

AN// epilogue and then it'll all be over <3

(y/n pov)

"Yeah, but you have tea parties with y/nn more than you do with me," E said. Elle frowned. "And as your father--"

"Daddy, not fair--"

"What do you mean, not fair-- it's not fair to me--"

"Yo." Both E and Elle turned. She jumped up and down, still holding tightly to her dad's hand. "Hey, where's y/n--"

"Gray!" Elle cheered. He smiled, pushing his wet hair back a little.

"Hey pumpkin, where's your aunt?" She pointed ahead of them with the hand that was holding her little package of vegan goldfish.

"With baby!" Gray smiled and E nodded.

"We're heading back right now, dude, did you--"

"I got it," Gray practically shouted in excitement. Ethan and Elle were walking too slow for him but he made do. He reached into his pocket. "Here, it's like-- nevermind, I'll show y/n first?"

"Hi, Gray," Elle said. Gray looked down. "Tea party with me and y/nn and JJ?"

"Wow, okay, so even he gets invited?" Gray chuckled.

"What, you weren't?" Ethan rolled his eyes as Elle pushed a goldfish into her mouth, giggling. "Ha, loser--"

"I'm her dad, you'd think I would at least be invited," he mumbled. Elle skipped along, crumpling the packaging in her hands.

"Daddy so funny--"

"I'm being serious, princess--"

"You think she'll like it?" Gray asked. Ethan looked over. "You know what I don't get?" His eyebrows raised.

"You don't get a lot of things--"

"Oh, shut up," Grayson mumbled. E chuckled and Elle went back to her goldfish. She dropped one and gasped. The men looked down. She pointed at it.

"Fell!"

"Pick it up and we can throw it out, okay?" She nodded and picked it up with two fingertips. E led her back to a trash can and she reached up to drop it in, wiping her fingers on her dress. "Good job, princess."

"Uh huh."

"Like, the entire time, man," Gray began. "Why the fuck did she like you?" E's eyebrows raised.

"Who?"

"Y/N." E sighed. "I mean, look at me and look at--"

"Shut the fuck up," Ethan laughed. "I don't know, dude, I don't know because it looked like you two were meant to end up together anyway."

"So then why did destiny put us through all that bullshit-- coulda just had her like me in the first place," Gray said, shaking his head, water droplets falling to the hospital ground.

"How would I know, what do I look like to y--" but E was cut off as you came down the hall ahead of them. Gray grinned as he walked ahead and E stopped, holding tight to Elle's hand. "Princess, hold on, we'll stay here, okay?"

"Gray!" you laughed. "You're all wet-- hey--" he engulfed you in a hug and you let him. "You need to shower before you get si--" And then he cut you off with a kiss. You laughed, pulling away.

"Hi," he breathed.

"Hello-- I just saw him!" you cooed. You looked down, pulling at your blouse. "Nice, Gray, you got me all wet--"