"No, let's talk about whatever is bothering you. I know we don't talk the way we used to, mostly for all the things that have happened, but I want to make up for that lost time. I don't want any more war between us, brother."

I give Thor a small smile, I appreciate his effort, but I really don't want to talk about Y/N with him... it's embarrassing to think I have a... liking... towards her...

"I don't think that will be a good idea, Thor."

"Is it about father?"

"No."

"Mother?"

"No."

"The kids?"

"What, no!"

"Our friends?" 

"No, Thor."

Thor's lips widen into a mischievous grin and I'm worried about the next attempt on guessing what is bothering me.

"Is it maybe, possibly, about Lady Y/N?" He wiggles his brows at me and I just keep my mouth shut.

But that was a wrong move because he starts to laugh really loudly. He slams a fist at the table as he holds his stomach, laughing like a maniac. We lost him.

"Oh for all the heavens! Do you have a crush on Y/N?" 

I feel my cheeks heat up as I look away from him. Damn it why!

"Oh my, that makes sense! Where you two making out in the library cause she was as red as a tomato and your hair seemed like a bird made a nest in it." 

I walk over to him and clasp a hand over his mouth, shushing him in anger. "Thor, I swear that if you don't shut up, you'll wish you did!"

Thor removes my hand from his mouth easily and smiles up at me, it annoys me deeply.  "Oh my goodness, I never thought that you would ever fall in love with someone, specially not a midguardian, at least not when you criticized me for loving Jane. How did that happen?" 

I sit down next to him again but I lay my head down, banging my forehead lightly on the table. "I can't call it love, brother. Maybe I'm a little attracted to her, but I'm not in love. She doesn't feel the same way, how would she when I'm such a jerk?"

"Man, you are whipped brother!" Thor contemplates, and I hold a hand up to him in annoyance.

"I'm not whipped, or whatever that means. Just let it go, it will pass, it means nothing." I tell him, looking to the paper work on the table.

"I just know, brother, that Y/N is a special one, so don't hurt her. If it does or doesn't mean anything, follow your heart."

There it goes again, the same words mother said. 

"Whatever," I mutter, grabbing the paper to get back to business, "let's do our work."

I can't let her into my heart, because if I do, I won't be able to let her go. She's a human and I'm an immortal being. I can't let her fall for me, because at the end of the day someone is bound to get hurt.

》Y/N's POV 

After that... awkward... embarrassing moment with Loki, I made my way to my room and took a shower with the thought of spending time with the kids as it has been a long time since I've had the chance to teach kids. 

I put on one of the pretty silk gowns in the trunk given to me by Thor not too long ago. He gave me a trunk full of gowns used in Asgard as I had no attires to wear except for my uniforms.