Chapter 26

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I wake up, feeling a warmth wrapped around me despite me still being cold. My cheek is resting against a hard surface so I look up and I'm shocked to find my cheek had been resting against Loki's chest. I don't move and instead I let my eyes inspect his features. Loki looks peaceful as he sleeps, his eyelashes touching his skin gracefully. His thin lips are slightly parted as he softly breathes. Loki's hair is a little messy, curling over the pillow and over his forehead endearingly. His arms are around me, our bodies flushed together as he hold me softly to himself.

I can't help but watch him sleep, knowing that he probably hasn't slept well either. Unknowingly my hand rises over to his face, my fingers trace his jawline. As I move my hand to push away the strands of hair on his face, I hand grabs onto my wrist making me flinch. I look back to Loki, meeting his green stare.

"S-sorry-" I stutter, looking away from his eyes as my heart rattles in my chest.

Loki let's go of my wrist and I instantly pull away from his warm embrace. I figured, I must have moved during the night searching for some kind of warmth due to my freezing state.

"It's alright, it's just that your hands are cold and I got startled." Loki says, turning his head over to face me.

"I didn't mean to disturb you... or touch you... I'm sorry for invading your space." I have no idea why I'm stuttering or rambling so much. Only a few days ago I wanted to punch the crap out of him and demand some respect and now I'm a flustered mess. This curse is driving me insane.

Loki chuckles from besides me, "The cold doesn't bother me, Y/N, I just wasn't expecting you to touch my face as I slept. Or to touch me at all. And it doesn't bother me if you invade my space either."

Okay, there's the old Loki. I narrow my eyes at him, shooting him a death glare. I roll my eyes and turn my body around to keep sleeping knowing he still has to keep his established routine.

Loki laughs in clear amusement and I suddenly feel his arms wrap around me and pull me to himself. That catches me off guard making me gasp when he turns me around and I meet with his chest. His embrace is warm and safe, and though I never thought I'd feel comfortable in Loki's arms, a part of me wishes to stay like this.

"Are you still feeling really cold?" Loki asks, his chin resting on top of my head as he rubbs his hands up and down my uperarms to warm me up.

I nod softly into his chest as I tuck my arms between his chest and my chest.

"I have to get myself ready, but when I return I'll bring breakfast and the special tea for you. Today I'm getting you to walk."

I grumble, my eyes closing as I feel comfortable just laying here doing nothing, surprisingly wanting him to stay like this with me, but of course I hide my thoughts, reminding myself of how he treated me before this whole ordeal. He lied to me and treated me as less, I shouldn't be wishing for him to hug me and keep me in his arms no matter how comfortable and safe I feel.