Bugs~ Bucky

Bucky Barnes was doing terrible

He was lonely.

He sat in his bedroom, staring at the same exact wall that he had been two hours ago. He was sure he noticed a little white bug crawling on it a few minutes ago, so he was looking for it again, hoping to see the weird creature.

"Bucky?"

A soft voice came from the other side of the door, he didn't answer, instead just looked at the door and then back to the wall, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Bucky I'm coming in!"

He turned as the door opened and in walking you, Y/n Y/l/n. Your eyes covered with your hand as you felt around the room as if making sure you wouldn't trip.

"Doll, you can look"

"Oh- I just- I just didn't wanna walk in on your changing and since you didn't answer- im just gonna shut up now"

He chuckled at your flustered state before turning back to the wall.

"So how come you're up here.. or in here I mean?"

"Well, when you didn't come down for dinner I was a little confused so I came to check on you"

"I'm fine"

"You've been staring at that wall Bucky, are you just really bored or is it interesting?"

You had walked closer to him at this point and he slightly tensed up as you sat down next to him.

"I saw a bug..."

He trailed off, realizing how silly he must sound. But, to his surprise you didn't laugh.

"Was it a white one?"

"Y-yeah"

"I have tons of those in the lab, they really are cool...do you wanna come see?"

"Wait really?? This one was small, but white and I think it had a spot on it"

You nodded and stood up, Bucky following you as you walked out of the room and down to the labs. He smiled as he saw all the things in the lab, he was always fascinated by technology.

He picked up a few things, watched the mice run around in the maze and then saw the little area with bugs.

"Wait a second"

You froze and looked at him, sending him a confused look

"Why are you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

You asked as you put down a beaker

"Why are you treating me like I'm human?"

"Because you're human Bucky..."

"No- I'm a dangerous machine- you know what they did"

"Bucky, you're human, you aren't a machine and you aren't dangerous, well you can be when you wanna be, we all can. But you are still human"

He smiled softly before grabbing your hand and squeezing it gently before walking over to the little bugs, searching for 'Spot'

Word Count; 453